DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Dry as a bone
12,321 Posts
Reminds me of a story from 15-20 years ago or so when a local car dealer had a TV ad where he said something along the lines of "A new car for only 10,000 bananas". Then someone came with a big truckload of 10,000 bananas and after a lawsuit IIRC, he had to give them the car.

· Hall Of Fame
16,178 Posts
"spartanstew" said:
Reminds me of a story from 15-20 years ago or so when a local car dealer had a TV ad where he said something along the lines of "A new car for only 10,000 bananas". Then someone came with a big truckload of 10,000 bananas and after a lawsuit IIRC, he had to give them the car.
I think the best was when Burma-Shave offered a trip to Mars on a series of signs of 900 empty jars. A guy cashed in, and after a few correspondences they ended up sending his family to a town in Germany that was pronounced Mars.

· Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.
15,115 Posts
Since there's a town in PA that's not only pronounced that way, it's spelled "Mars", seems a more likely choice! Also one in CA, and Texas, the latter state also boasting a town called "Earth".

· Hall Of Fame
16,178 Posts
"Laxguy" said:
Since there's a town in PA that's not only pronounced that way, it's spelled "Mars", seems a more likely choice! Also one in CA, and Texas, the latter state also boasting a town called "Earth".
I think they probably wanted to at least give them a nice European vacation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.