DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
16,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night, they had an episode including transporting a pirate ship to "Cleveland", but the buyer, Jungle Jim, and the shot of the website is Cincinnati.

They actually mentioned it twice as Cleveland, kind of funny. I think this is for his new location by me, I'll have to check it out when it opens. Was out there last night and he's got his railroad bridge he bought and extra cars he's not using for his monorail at his other store.

·
Charter Gold Club Member
22,056 Posts
Huh???

For those of us who have no clue what you are talking about, would you care to explain?

·
Hall Of Fame
16,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shipping Wars is a show from the Storage Wars people, independent shippers shipping difficult or unusual items. Last night there was one with a large model pirate ship, for a grocery store and it was mentioned twice that it was going to Cleveland, which is no where close to Cincinnati. That's what I found humorous.

It was added interest because I think this is for a new store about 20 minutes from me.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
humanjas said:
One of my favorite new shows. I guess this week was the season finale. Anyone know if they have plans to continue?
I certainly hope they do plan to continue...

As it is very entertaining, something enjoyable to ramp the day down with.

·
Hall Of Fame
16,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shoot, that was the season finale? I wanted to see the gnome episode :)

One thing I could do without though, is the peanut gallery quips from the other shippers. The comments during bidding is fine, but a bit much during the job.

·
Registered
9,492 Posts
When that girl got kicked by the camel - that for me, has been the funniest moment on this show so far.

The UShip site is real. Haven't investigated to see if these shippers are also real.

·
New Texan
11,465 Posts
I liked the series because it is Murphy's Law in action. What can go wrong will go wrong, especially when you have new people in the business such as Jarrett Joyce who are intentionally low-balling the bid just to get the job and, surprise, it bites them when the unexpected occurs.

·
Hall Of Fame
16,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Drucifer said:
When that girl got kicked by the camel - that for me, has been the funniest moment on this show so far.

The UShip site is real. Haven't investigated to see if these shippers are also real.
They have real profiles on the site, so do believe they are real.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.