DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Godfather
470 Posts

· Icon
1,291 Posts
Back home again. My Augusta GA stations are now partially in HD.

6 - ABC - WJBF - HD
12 - CBS - WRDW - HD

14 - PBS (SC) - SD
20 - PBS (GA) - SD
26 - NBC - WAGT - SD
54 - FOX - WFXG - HD

So for HD, I've still got to rely on OTA for NBC and PBS (SC). But since 6 - ABC was one that I couldn't pull in OTA, THAT's the one I really wanted, and at least got that one.

· Icon
1,291 Posts
One of my neighbors claims to be getting HD on 26/NBC, while I am only receiving SD. ABC, CBS, and FOX are coming in fine in HD, just not NBC. It's not that the NBC station is broadcasting in SD, as I get HD fine OTA.

Any suggestions as to what could be the problem when most of my locals come in HD but only a single one doesn't?

· Hall Of Fame
2,463 Posts
I just checked the Local Channel look-up page at DirecTV.com and NBC 26 is not in HD.

· Icon
1,291 Posts
Newshawk said:
I just checked the Local Channel look-up page at DirecTV.com and NBC 26 is not in HD.
Just confronted my neighbor re NBC 26 (ran into him on the golf course), and he says he was wrong -- he's not getting it in HD either. Guess I reset my unit a couple of times for nothing ... :kickbutt:

Still, it's strange that I've now got two entries in my Channels I Get listing for that station - it's just that both of them are SD. Guess they must just have a place holder for the time being. That station DOES broadcast in HD OTA.

· Godfather
290 Posts
makaiguy said:
Just confronted my neighbor re NBC 26 (ran into him on the golf course), and he says he was wrong -- he's not getting it in HD either. Guess I reset my unit a couple of times for nothing ... :kickbutt:

Still, it's strange that I've now got two entries in my Channels I Get listing for that station - it's just that both of them are SD. Guess they must just have a place holder for the time being. That station DOES broadcast in HD OTA.
Don't know if the NBC holdout is contractual or logistical, does anyone know if calling the station to complain would do any good?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.