DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Cool Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We ordered the HR20 on Christmas day from D* and up until a few days ago when I discovered this forum I was excited about it! Installation is scheduled for tomorrow and now I am scared to death with all the problems I have been reading about here. Is there any hope that I will have any luck with the new HR20or should I just give it up, cancel the install and wait for them to get the issues ironed to out to save myself a lot of frustration? I'm not home enough to constantly watch to make sure my shows will record or do a bunch daily RBR's!

Currently we have an R10 in the living room (where the HR20 might go), an R15 in the kids room and our original Sony receiver from way back in the mid 90's in our master bedroom. Never since we have been with D* 10+ years have we had any problems with any of these or their service.

I had planned to move the R10 Tivo into the MB and give up the Sony receiver but now I am afraid of all the trouble we might have with the HR20.

I've had an HDTV for 3 years waiting on D* to get HD locals (I can't get OTA locals where I'm at) and I really, really, really want HD and HD locals but really...is all this worth the PITA factor??? Please tell me HD and the HR20 is worth it and everything will be ok...please...lie to me if you have too :rolleyes:

· Cool Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MikeR7 said:
Everything will be OK.
LIAR!!! :D ...really, will it be ok?

· Mentor
45 Posts
It will be ok. Leave your R10 in the living room while you test out the HR20. Once you are satisfied with the HR20, move the R10 where you want. I have had the HR20 for two weeks and haven't had any issues...Good luck!

· Cool Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
brianxmurray said:
It will be ok. Leave your R10 in the living room while you test out the HR20. Once you are satisfied with the HR20, move the R10 where you want. I have had the HR20 for two weeks and haven't had any issues...Good luck!
Thought about doing that, I guess I can try to get D* to run the extra cables but I hate to think about moving the monster entertainment center...its always something :rolleyes:

I'll report back on how things go...I hope I am one of the lucky few

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.