DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some time now my HR21-700 has had a "glitch" in the video. When first turned on, every couple seconds the screen would freeze for a split second, then continue on. It had no effect on the audio. If I pushed the reset button it would clear the problem until I turned the TV off. The next time I turned the TV on, the problem would be back. I called Direct TV and the rep had me run a system test. The codes indicated an internal problem, so they shipped me another receiver. The new one is an HR22-100.
Since I got the new guide update, the problem with the old receiver has stopped. I did a system test, and it still has the same fault codes, but seems to perform OK. My question is- Should I go ahead and replace it with the new one, or leave it alone?

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RunnerFL said:
If you still have the same fault codes you still have something going bad. I'd swap it for the replacement if I were you, after watching everything on the old DVR of course.
I swapped out to the replacement receiver and now I have the old guide again. I wonder how long before I get the updated guide back?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.