DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post. I've been following the issues the the HR20 closely because if I do upgrade to I need to sell it to the wife:) ...

Here's my situation: i've been with DTV since 99 and for the sole reason of NHL Centre Ice (Go Oil). At the time they were the only company to offer the package. It has all been generally good.

I have a zippered SD40 (Tivo) and a leased Hughes 40 (Tivo). I kind of want to upgrade because the hockey looks hokey on my HD capable LCD TV.

My concern is the inability to network the device (not huge but desirable) and the apparant problems with recording sports programming (I need to remove the RSN channels and make sure that the games don't autodelete before I watch them).

Are the problems with the sports programming something that can be worked around? Is there anyway to run the box on a home network ala the zippered DTVs?

Thanks for the insight....

Paul

·
DBSTalk Club Member
251 Posts
oiler_head said:
My concern is the inability to network the device (not huge but desirable) and the apparant problems with recording sports programming (I need to remove the RSN channels and make sure that the games don't autodelete before I watch them).

Are the problems with the sports programming something that can be worked around? Is there anyway to run the box on a home network ala the zippered DTVs?
Someone named "islesfan" (I think that's his name) will probably tell you no. He tries to use the Center Ice stuff repeatedly.

I've had very few issues. But I don't have NFL SuperFan or Center Ice, either.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,670 Posts
iacas said:
Someone named "islesfan" (I think that's his name) will probably tell you no. He tries to use the Center Ice stuff repeatedly.

I've had very few issues. But I don't have NFL SuperFan or Center Ice, either.
Already did...:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.