DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a friend has a bad DVR..stuttering etc.. the CSR apparently was mute..literally woudl say nothing...even though my friend walked thru all the issues..still..crickets...anyway..she asked for a replacement DVR and the girl said sure. would be 20 bucks shipping

about 2 years ago my friend got all her old equipment changed out from the primestar days...she even has DNS when i really dont think she is supposed to..but inherent in the primestar days i thought was a protection plan?

or is the protection plan just a 20 fee and normally it would be more. i swear under the PP i got receivers free

·
King of Awesome
1,158 Posts
There are two different types of Primestar accounts now, those that are under the old rental model and those that upgraded their equipment and are under the current leased model. Accounts with rental equipment don't pay for equipment replacement, remote replacements, or service calls (unless customer damage). Those under the current leased model (if they've upgraded to HD the account has been converted) have the option of $19.95 for shipping or the Protection Plan.

Since you said your friend changed her equipment a few years ago it sounds like she's been converted and would have to pay the $20 s/h or the Protection Plan.

·
MANC
1,510 Posts
Prime Star customers had a lot of different contracts. DirecTv honored them.
Some had DNS Waivers that carried over. Some had protection plans that carried over. Some had free miorrored receivers. Some had magic cards.

Doing an "upgrade" with DirecTv...Charlie Daniels had a song about that.

·
Hall Of Fame
5,426 Posts
samrs said:
Prime Star customers had a lot of different contracts. DirecTv honored them.
Some had DNS Waivers that carried over. Some had protection plans that carried over. Some had free miorrored receivers. Some had magic cards.

Doing an "upgrade" with DirecTv...Charlie Daniels had a song about that.
magic cards?? what is that?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JBv said:
There are two different types of Primestar accounts now, those that are under the old rental model and those that upgraded their equipment and are under the current leased model. Accounts with rental equipment don't pay for equipment replacement, remote replacements, or service calls (unless customer damage). Those under the current leased model (if they've upgraded to HD the account has been converted) have the option of $19.95 for shipping or the Protection Plan.

Since you said your friend changed her equipment a few years ago it sounds like she's been converted and would have to pay the $20 s/h or the Protection Plan.
no HD in the house..just wanted to make sure the 20 was legit..dtv is known to make errors

her magic card still works thankfully

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.