DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mentor
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a weird one. I recorded Standoff and House back to to back on Tuesday. MPEG2 channel 88 national feed. It was a rainly night so I got a few seaching for satellite signals during the recording of Standoff.

Now it shows Standoff as a partial record in history and does not show up in VOD. When I try to play House it starts the recording at -1.00 hour and does not play, just shows a black screen. I cannot FF or do anything to move the timer.

I do not have the updated software yet and I will wait before I delete this episode. Anybody seen this type of problem or any ideas?

·
DBSTalk Club Member
23 Posts
Katodude00 said:
Here is a weird one. I recorded Standoff and House back to to back on Tuesday. MPEG2 channel 88 national feed. It was a rainly night so I got a few seaching for satellite signals during the recording of Standoff.

Now it shows Standoff as a partial record in history and does not show up in VOD. When I try to play House it starts the recording at -1.00 hour and does not play, just shows a black screen. I cannot FF or do anything to move the timer.

I do not have the updated software yet and I will wait before I delete this episode. Anybody seen this type of problem or any ideas?
No ideas on cause/fix, but I have experienced this. As I remember, any attempts to play, ff, etc. on recordings that were showing a negative start time resulted in the DVR temporarily getting very sluggish. Hopefully this is one of the issues addressed by the latest software version.

·
Banned
1,199 Posts
Katodude00 said:
Dont know if it is the BSOD. The HR20 is still working and I can leave the show. I did not have to Red Button out.
BSOD is what it is. And that issue was "resolved" 2-3 downloads ago. I used to get it, no more. But I could get out of the screen, without a reset. That show was just always DOA.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,079 Posts
Katodude00 said:

Here is a thread I created last month with pictures that document both bugs, Partial and Unwatchable.

FYI the Partial bug is alive and well in 0xEB, I have not seen the unwatchable bug in the new software (yet).

·
5 Posts
happened to me tonight was recording channel 5 local hd mpeg 4 happened to all 3 shows that recorded tonight ont hat chanel but recorded a sd on 244 and it was ok. Called tech support and they said update on nov 15 would fix. They recommend i record non hd local, but this was the first night this happened. Last night's hd recorded fine.

·
6 Posts
This same problem actually started happening for me this week as well. Its happened on 2 shows so far (I haven't went through my whole VOD list yet) where the whole show wouldn't play. After I reseted (via the red button) both videos were no where to be found on my VOD List :confused: .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.