DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Legend
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already had showtime and so I was on Directv website last night and it had on there Starz/Showtime for the price of 1 for 3 months so I thought cool deal and added it, but they still charged me a pro rated charge, if I already had Shotime and then added the 2 for 1 deal why was I still charge a pro rated charge? I don't understand.

·
Large Member
4,867 Posts
CarolinaGuy79 said:
I already had showtime and so I was on Directv website last night and it had on there Starz/Showtime for the price of 1 for 3 months so I thought cool deal and added it, but they still charged me a pro rated charge, if I already had Shotime and then added the 2 for 1 deal why was I still charge a pro rated charge? I don't understand.
Because to give you the deal they probably had to shut off your current SHO sub and restart it for the promo. I would think you should have a pro-r credit and a pro-r charge. I thought those promos were only for those who currently do not have the specific premium channels.

·
AllStar
73 Posts
Yes, a pro rated charge is normal. You should have a showtime disconnect credit that was prorated and then a showtime/starz charge prorated.

The real question is did you receive an $11.01 credit for the 2 for 1?

·
Legend
225 Posts
MarkG21 said:
Yes, a pro rated charge is normal. You should have a showtime disconnect credit that was prorated and then a showtime/starz charge prorated.

The real question is did you receive an $11.01 credit for the 2 for 1?
Yes, that is the way it works. Your bill should show a charge that includes both Starz and Showtime, and it should also show an $11.01 credit for the 2 for 1 promotion. And, if you are in the middle of your billing cycle and if you already had Showtime, it will likely also show offsetting prorated charges and credits.

When your 3 from months are up, if you call to cancel the Starz, as soon as you do, the option to get another 3 months of the 2 for 1 promotion will show up again as being available to you in much the same way that the 3 free months of HD Extra Pack will keep showing up as available to you.

·
Legend
136 Posts
I've gotten the Showtime "free for X months" offer dozens of times by calling and asking. It is one of the more frequently offered "freebies" by customer service it seems. The great thing is that they roll off and don't require you to call and cancel at the end of the free period. Then you just call the next day and ask for again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.