DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Godfather
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been seeing a commercial that says Showtime is having a freeview weekend this coming weekend. I looked to the dtv website and found no mention of this. Are we not having one?

·
Super Moderator
14,044 Posts
I'm going to move this to the programming forum.

Mike

·
Hall Of Fame
3,912 Posts

·
Legend
143 Posts
PrinceLH said:
Hope they actually have something worth watching. I've had Showtime for a couple of months and it's worn out it's welcome.
Those free viewings of HBO and Showtime always remind me of what a terrible deal they are. Old movies that I've already seen a long time ago. I mean, how long ago did The King's Speech come out on blu-ray? 7, 8 9 months ago?

I do like 'Dexter', but I'm happy staying a season behind on watching it.

·
Godfather
785 Posts
do you why they do are doing it this weekend? its all about shameless and Californication get people hook and they might buy showtime for a few months, all them movies channels are about series now

·
Godfather
286 Posts
lacubs said:
do you why they do are doing it this weekend? its all about shameless and Californication get people hook and they might buy showtime for a few months, all them movies channels are about series now
Honestly that's the most compelling thing about most of these premium channels...the original programming. But yeah I'm sure that's exactly why SHO is previewing this weekend.

·
Godfather
411 Posts
Good. Saves me the trouble of re-subscribing to SHO this week for Californication (and the S1 re-air of Homeland, which begins Saturday).

I'll definitely record The King's Speech too. Haven't seen it yet.

·
Godfather
785 Posts
crawdad62 said:
Honestly that's the most compelling thing about most of these premium channels...the original programming. But yeah I'm sure that's exactly why SHO is previewing this weekend.
i bet Starz will freeview on Jan 27-29, for Spartacus

·
Godfather
411 Posts
Red Dog said:
Good. Saves me the trouble of re-subscribing to SHO this week for Californication (and the S1 re-air of Homeland, which begins Saturday).

I'll definitely record The King's Speech too. Haven't seen it yet.
Does anybody know exactly when the freeview ends? Does it end at midnight Sunday night (monday morning) or later? I want to record the west coast feed of Californication but if it ends at midnight, I can't do that.

·
Read Only
14 Posts
Probably will. I can't WAIT for Spartacus to come back. Season 1 was great, the 6 episode prequel they did was f'n stellar. I"m sad that ANdy is no longer with us, but I think the new guy will do well and ANdy would ahve wanted the show to carry on.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,759 Posts
Red Dog said:
Does anybody know exactly when the freeview ends? Does it end at midnight Sunday night (monday morning) or later? I want to record the west coast feed of Californication but if it ends at midnight, I can't do that.
If they follow their usual procedure, it will end at 6:00 A.M. (Eastern) Monday morning, so you should be fine with that recording.

·
Godfather
440 Posts
Does anybody know what happens if you VOD a program during the free preview? Can you do it, and if so, do the programs stay unlocked after the preview is over?

·
Read Only
14 Posts
I don't know about VOD. I would assume so, since they are free. Since anything program you DVR during a free preview you can continue to view after the preview is over. (so if you record a movie playing on Showtime, you can still watch the movie again after the free preview). Just call DTV or check on their website in their help section.

·
Godfather
440 Posts
Traegon said:
I don't know about VOD. I would assume so, since they are free. Since anything program you DVR during a free preview you can continue to view after the preview is over. (so if you record a movie playing on Showtime, you can still watch the movie again after the free preview). Just call DTV or check on their website in their help section.
I just found the press release that says VOD is included in the preview. I still would like to hear from someone who actually downloaded a VOD during a free preview and then watched it after the preview window (but before the natural expiration date).

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.