DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Icon
Joined
·
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all again, still having problems with sho hd, so i thought i would call the bright csr that directv has, first i spoke to some foreign lady i could not understand that well and i even told her to talk slow and it still didnt help her name is kim, then she tried to tell me that i need to subrscribe to the hd package to get sho hd and i said lady you are wrong it is included with my sho subscription, then she proceeded to try to sell me the hd package for 9.99 and oh my you get 8 additional channels wow :) and i said no thanks because they usually turn some channels off on the weekends for the nfl sunday deal and i told her i dont want to pay for channels and not be able to get them 24-7 then she said oh wait a minute, then she put me on hold came back and said yes you are right sho hd is included in your sho subscription, then she said but you cant receive them both at the same time channel 71 or 543 you have to choose which one you want to be on and i said whatever, well here is where the real problem begins, when i have the native turned on the sho hd will come on, but when i turn it off and try to watch it, tells me channel not purchased , bull whacky !!! it does this on channel 71 and 543 both has anyone else tried turning off the native display and had the same problems as i am having?
 

·
AllStar
Joined
·
68 Posts
I had Native on for the first 4 weeks I had the DVR and have had it turned off for the past week. I have Showtime and have had no problems receiving channel 71 or 543 at any time. I have recorded many things from both channels over the past 5 weeks without any incident.

I have noticed the DVR seems much more stable since turning Native off.
 

·
Mentor
Joined
·
44 Posts
shaun-ohio said:
hello all again, still having problems with sho hd, so i thought i would call the bright csr that directv has, first i spoke to some foreign lady i could not understand that well and i even told her to talk slow and it still didnt help her name is kim, then she tried to tell me that i need to subrscribe to the hd package to get sho hd and i said lady you are wrong it is included with my sho subscription, then she proceeded to try to sell me the hd package for 9.99 and oh my you get 8 additional channels wow :) and i said no thanks because they usually turn some channels off on the weekends for the nfl sunday deal and i told her i dont want to pay for channels and not be able to get them 24-7 then she said oh wait a minute, then she put me on hold came back and said yes you are right sho hd is included in your sho subscription, then she said but you cant receive them both at the same time channel 71 or 543 you have to choose which one you want to be on and i said whatever, well here is where the real problem begins, when i have the native turned on the sho hd will come on, but when i turn it off and try to watch it, tells me channel not purchased , bull whacky !!! it does this on channel 71 and 543 both has anyone else tried turning off the native display and had the same problems as i am having?
The period (.) is your friend. Try him out sometime. He's very nice. He lives two doors down from M.
 

·
You make it, We break it
Joined
·
4,722 Posts
On one of the upper channels (can't remember which one - at work), there is actually an installers' video from D* that comes on in the wee hours. I recorded it in order to be ready for any screwups/juryrigs when the installer comes on 11/5 (if at all). In the video, they're reminded a number of times to make sure Native is set to off. Dunno if that means that's the better way to go at least for now.

BTW - they also say HDMI is the "mandatory" connection on an HDTV that supports it. Given that many of you have had probs with HDMI and with the HR-20 or the TV itself, I'm gonna reserve judgement on the "mandatory" nature of that installer's instructions from D*.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,614 Posts
Canis Lupus said:
On one of the upper channels (can't remember which one - at work), there is actually an installers' video from D* that comes on in the wee hours. I recorded it in order to be ready for any screwups/juryrigs when the installer comes on 11/5 (if at all). In the video, they're reminded a number of times to make sure Native is set to off. Dunno if that means that's the better way to go at least for now.

BTW - they also say HDMI is the "mandatory" connection on an HDTV that supports it. Given that many of you have had probs with HDMI and with the HR-20 or the TV itself, I'm gonna reserve judgement on the "mandatory" nature of that installer's instructions from D*.
I thought it said make sure Native is set to ON. I'll have to watch it again.

I had to laugh when it said - Show the customer all the features, show them how to record a program, how to order PPV, have them sign and date the quickstart guide. Most of the installers don't even take the time to fine tune the dish as it's described in the installers manual from what I've read here.
:lol:
 

·
You make it, We break it
Joined
·
4,722 Posts
glennb said:
I thought it said make sure Native is set to ON. I'll have to watch it again.

I had to laugh when it said - Show the customer all the features, show them how to record a program, how to order PPV, have them sign and date the quickstart guide. Most of the installers don't even take the time to fine tune the dish as it's described in the installers manual from what I've read here.
:lol:
LOL - yeah and the way the guy was dressed and with his dennis the menace haircut. and the customer being SO impressed by just the remote itself! amazing. yeah i watched that section twice about the native 'cuz i also thought it was supposed to be on - but it is in fact supposed to be OFF in the instructions in that video. wonder if it's because that feature (bug) isn't resolved yet ?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,614 Posts
I watched the video again. It does say - Turn native off.

I figured they'd say turn native ON to avoid people having the HR20 output set to 480i and calling DIRECTV cust. serv. saying - My HDTV channels look crummy!!
 

·
Icon
Joined
·
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
finally found the remedy, turned the native off, did a reset, they both work now with no problems, also upgraded to total choice premier tonight, so both hbo and sho hd work fine now, 70,71,509,543, thanks guys and gals for your help, bull whacky is a talk for hill jack people only here in ohio, we still have the number one team undefeated here, and the only way to watch saturdays game is espnu, lots of heavy rain here overnight and today, and no rain fade at all with the AT9 dish, go bucks !!! :)
 

·
AllStar
Joined
·
90 Posts
I thought that to get SHO HD, you had to subscribe to BOTH the HD package and the SHO package. But you are right. Subscription to SHO or HBO will give you both HD and SD without having to subscribe to the HD channel package.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top