DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Icon
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that DTV is adding more Showtime HD channels can DISH be far behind? I've been wondering since the recent addition of HBO, MAX and Starz HD channels why Showtime was left out.

· Icon
324 Posts
IvanPhillipFreeley said:
I was wondering the same thing … especially when you consider that Showtime is on a roll with their original series. Any idea how "soon" more Showtime channels will be added?
I'm guessing after E*11 goes live. I doubt they have any legal issues with CBS, who owns Showtime, since they added CBS CS

2 Posts
BillJ said:
Now that DTV is adding more Showtime HD channels can DISH be far behind? I've been wondering since the recent addition of HBO, MAX and Starz HD channels why Showtime was left out.
I looked at other carriers. Showtime offers multiple HD channels and many other carriers have them, I counted over 10 Showtime HD for some. Last I heard DISH was in a hurry to launch HD channels because DirecTV is killing it this year and DISH has a lot of catching up to do... It is strange DISH launched more HBO and Starz and no more Showtime. They need to pick up the pace, the year is almost over and we are still waiting.

· Hall Of Fame
1,687 Posts
Charter cable in our area doesn't have them. Here is what is available:

770 HDNet HD View
771 HDNet Movies HD View
774 TNT - HD HD View
775 HD Theater HD View
776 Cinemax HDTV-East HD Premium
777 HBO HDTV-East HD Premium
778 Showtime HDTV-East HD Premium
779 Starz HDTV-East HD Premium
780 WOTV-DT - ABC Basic (HD Only)
782 WWMT-DT - CBS Basic (HD Only)
785 WGVU-DT - PBS Basic (HD Only)
787 WXMI-DT - FOX Basic (HD Only)
788 WOOD-DT - NBC Basic (HD Only)
790 Golf Channel / Versus HD HD View
792 MHD HD View
793 Universal HD HD View
794 A&E HD HD View
795 History Channel HD HD View
796 The Learning Channel HD HD View
797 Discovery HD HD View
798 Animal Planet HD HD View

2 Posts
HDMe said:
Who is this "everyone" that has them?

Time Warner Cable customers don't have them.
Last I looked DirecTV doesn't have them, at least not yet.
DirecTV - 6 Showtime HD Channels
Showtime HD
Showtime Extreme HD
Showtime Showcase HD
Showtime West HD
Showtime 2 HD
TMC HD

· Premium Member
21,658 Posts
instinct said:
DirecTV - 6 Showtime HD Channels
Showtime HD
Showtime Extreme HD
Showtime Showcase HD
Showtime West HD
Showtime 2 HD
TMC HD
So is that your "everyone"?

DirecTV has 6 of them in HD... You seemed to be implying that everyone but Dish had all 10, or at least more than the 1 that Dish has right now... but DirecTV doesn't have them all, apparently, and I'm not personally aware of anyone else (perhaps a cable or FIOS that is not available where I live) that has any others.

I would like to have them myself... I was just curious about the "everyone" to see if there really were other companies carrying these HD channels to apply pressure to Dish. If "everyone" isn't carrying them, then Dish will be harder to pressure.

· Hall Of Fame
6,220 Posts
IvanPhillipFreeley said:
I was wondering the same thing … especially when you consider that Showtime is on a roll with their original series. Any idea how "soon" more Showtime channels will be added?
When they some more Showtime HD I might drop to AT 200 because I don't watch VS or soccer, tennis.

· Legend
105 Posts
Paul Secic said:
When they some more Showtime HD I might drop to AT 200 because I don't watch VS or soccer, tennis.
And THIS is the reason why Dish is being slow to add them, IMHO!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.