DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Godfather
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this me doing something wrong, the guide doing something wrong, or ahhh a bug? Next Week Dec 10-17 will be the new season of Sleeper cell on showtime. I choose to record next Sunday (10th) episode with all episodes, first run, record all shows. But when I look at History (6 hours later) it shows the RRRR (episodes) but only has Sundays show to record. Anyone try this and let me know what happens. Channel 71 HDTV.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
The SL is working okay for me except for Tuesday's episode. I know I have a conflict for the 9pm showing, but the 11pm should be recorded by the SL. For some reason, History shows the 11pm episode cancelled. I reschedule, and a few hours alter, it's cancelled again. I can't figure it out.

I guess I'll have to watch Tuesday night at 11 to make sure the show records.

·
AllStar
92 Posts
I noticed this too last night. The HD Showtime channel guide doesn't have the new sleeper cell entries in it (atleast on my receivers - HDVR2, HR10-250 and HR20)

I checked w/ TV guide to see what days/times it was on - and the dtv guide didn't show it yet.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Funny, the guide on my HR20 has all the episodes through Thursday nught, but it keeps cancelling the Tuesday night 11pm showing. I still can't figure out why, and it's driving me crazy.

·
Godfather
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
gpg said:
Funny, the guide on my HR20 has all the episodes through Thursday nught, but it keeps cancelling the Tuesday night 11pm showing. I still can't figure out why, and it's driving me crazy.
Earl - Are you reading this?

·
DBSTalk Club Member
35 Posts
I set it up last night, series link, and it only put the 12/10 show in the list. It was the only one that said series premier, or any other notion of being new. I've got very little recording on the HR20, and no time conflicts, but it never put in the other shows. I just added them manually. I wonder if this is a guide issue or a Series Link issue. Maybe I'll add another one that I usually record on the HR10. Actually, I think tonight I'll cancel the recordings, and enter the SL to record all showings, new and old and see if that resolves the issue. If so, I think it's safe to say it's a guide issue.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Slip Jigs said:
Is there a conflict in that time slot?
I have a conflict on Tuesday as well; but i noticed that House is 2 hrs that night (8-10). I have something else recording @ 9:00. So that was my conflict. I noticed the 11:00PM showing was being recorded; but I will check whether it has been cancelled.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
No conflict at 11pm, but I do have both tuners in use at 9pm which is why I need to record the 11pm showing. The 11pm show got cancelled again overnight, so I just added it back again (must be the 10th time). I guess I'll have to watch it live that night to make sure I see it.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
721 Posts
gpg said:
No conflict at 11pm, but I do have both tuners in use at 9pm which is why I need to record the 11pm showing. The 11pm show got cancelled again overnight, so I just added it back again (must be the 10th time). I guess I'll have to watch it live that night to make sure I see it.
BUMP!

How are everyone's Sleeper Cell recording's going? I watched last night and tonight, then it dawned on me there was a new episode every night.

Set the Series Link to record all first run, but it didn't appear to take. So I'll just make sure I do it on a daily basis to be sure - but why isn't the box seeing this as a Series when all the episodes are showing under "Episodes"?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,137 Posts
well i set it up on the HR20 here and seems that you may have to set it to first runs and then set it back to both and give it a few minutes to update and it will record all of them

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
The Tuesday night 11pm showing is still popping in and out of my TDL so I'll have to be sure that I'm watching tomorrow night to get the show recorded. All other episodes are properly scheduled and the first two recorded as they should.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
35 Posts
The first two have recorded properly, and it did take quite some time for it to populate the list of first-run shows. My to-do still shows the rest of the weeks recordings, so I'm hopeful.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.