DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a NEW DIRECTV HD HIDEF KAKU 5 SINGLE LINE SWiM SWM5 SATELLITE DISH W/8 way splitter & POWER Adapter. My run my about 125 feet from dish to power adapter and 8-way. The system works fine when I do not use the splitter and run directly from the dish to the power adapter and to 1 reciever. If I try to use the splitter and run two recievers my tv shows freeze constantly. Any ideas? Is my run to long from dish to power adapter? Is their another piece of equipment I need to purchase to maintain signal strength? Thanks in adavce.

:confused:

·
Super Moderator
42,754 Posts
DTVmichigan said:
I have a NEW DIRECTV HD HIDEF KAKU 5 SINGLE LINE SWiM SWM5 SATELLITE DISH W/8 way splitter & POWER Adapter. My run my about 125 feet from dish to power adapter and 8-way. The system works fine when I do not use the splitter and run directly from the dish to the power adapter and to 1 reciever. If I try to use the splitter and run two recievers my tv shows freeze constantly. Any ideas? Is my run to long from dish to power adapter? Is their another piece of equipment I need to purchase to maintain signal strength? Thanks in adavce.

:confused:
125' + 8-way simply has too much loss.
Changing to a 4-way should get you within range or:

http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.as...-Input-SWM-Amplifier-940-To-2150-Mhz-(SWMA2T)

·
Super Moderator
42,754 Posts
DTVmichigan said:
Thanks for the advice on the SWM amplifier, how would I install that? Do I still need my original power adapter and splitter that came with the dish?
Do you really need an 8-way splitter?
If you can use a 4-way, you'll reduce the loss by about 5 dB.

If you want to go with the amp:

Dish - > coax -> amp-> splitter --> PI & receiver(s)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.