DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i got this Acutrac22Pro and was trying to relocate my dishpro 500 some were else on my roof. whats the right way to use a Acutrac22Pro.. any tips please.. thanks:confused:

· Godfather
596 Posts
If you are only moving a dish 500, the skew and elevation are already locked in. It should only be necessary to rotate the dish until the signal locks in. This, of course, is true only if both mounting poles are vertical. however if you are moving it to another zip code, all bets are off. How big is your roof? Roofers remove and replace satellite dishes with little difficulty and no equipment.

· Super Moderator
10,091 Posts
I use a Birdog, but I am sure your meter is a bit easier to operate than the BD.

Run the top two ports to the LNBF's, and the input at the bottom by itself is an input that powers the meter and LNBF's. Hook this single port up to the line that goes to your receivers.

From there it should be straight forward, just peak the dish so both sides of the meter are at there highest reading.

2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks my dish was down on the floor of the roof and i placed it on a chimney and i was able to get at least 89 reader on it. not in the 90's like before but im able to watch tv.. thanks for the info..

· Mentor
46 Posts
The keys to maximum signal are a good LNB, dish alignment and a clear path to the satellites. The signal must travel 22,300 miles to your dish... a few feet of height between the ground, rooftop won't make any difference. Not that this was your reason, but I have always found it humorous to see a dish mounted on a pole above a rooftop when there were no obstructions from a ground or rooftop installation. The Accutrac looks impressive. May have to get one for myself!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.