DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently noticed a definite degrade in the quality of my picture. Any show with dark backgrounds are very noisy -pixelation/blocking. You can't see the noise in bright scenes but it's there with the effect being a "softer picture". I checked the sigal strength on my HR-34. Three of the 5 satellites were fine with probably a 96 average. These are the number for:
103 (s)- transponders #1-6 = 0, 93, 0, 75, 0, 0 #9 = 16
#17 -24 = 82, 73, 0, 19, 99, 96, 78, 68

99 (s) - transponders #1-6 = 67, 78, 77, 80, 0, 32 #9 =99
#17-24 = 94, 91, 100, 100, 79, 86, 94, 89

Is this a problem? If so what's the fix?
Thanks, Rick

·
Dad
6,606 Posts
Transponders that end in S are spot beams. Don't worry about them.
Since I see at least one 99 or 100 for each one, you are likely fine.

The ones you really care about are 103ca and 103cb and 99c.

·
Icon
1,659 Posts
The signal strenth has nothing to do with the quality of your picture so its not possible to have a "softer picture" with low signal. The picture would look absolutly the same whether the signal was 60 or 95. You need to look elsewhere for your problem.

·
Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
west99999 said:
The signal strenth has nothing to do with the quality of your picture so its not possible to have a "softer picture" with low signal. The picture would look absolutly the same whether the signal was 60 or 95. You need to look elsewhere for your problem.
What I meant by "softer" image is that the noise resulted in loss of detail in the lighter images. Where in the dark images you actually see the noise.
My TV is a Sharp LC-80LE844U. I've had it for about a month. The HR34 is connected via HDMI through a Yamaha RX-A2000 receiver. I've already tried connecting directly to the TV with no difference in quality/noise level. I can't see as much noise in the other TV's but I'm comparing 80" vs 55".
Here are a few examples:
Gesture Font Electric blue Event Display device

Microphone Blue Jaw Gesture Music

Eye Dog Jaw Carnivore Dog breed

#5 is from a HD presentation of Blade Runner. It was unwatchabe.
Rick

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.