DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Icon
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was checking signal strength on my HR20 and noticed something odd. The strength of signal as indicated for Tuner 1 is about 5% lower than the strength for Tuner 2 (ie: 87% vs. 92%) consistant for all transponders in service.... but only on Sat 110. For the other two satellites (my dish is a triple LNB) the signal strengths match, in the mid 90's. Dish feeds a powered Terk 5x8 multiswitch, to a Sonora Stacker, single RG6 to a Sonora Destacker to the HR20 with OTA, and the two Sat feeds. No problems experienced so far, but was wondering if other HR20 were seeing this on the 110, or if it might be something to do with the way the Stacker/Destacker handle the various input signals. I have a HR10-250 (fed direct from the multiswitch with no Stacker/Destacker) in my family room and the signals on both tuners are equal for all three Sats.

·
Icon
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
litzdog911 said:
Mine don't match exactly, either. I don't think it's anything to worry about.
It struck me odd that it was only on Sat 110 that they didn't match. Since everything has been working fine, I wasn't too concerned, but the engineer in me comes out every once and a while and asks "wonder why that is?"!!

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
69hokie said:
It struck me odd that it was only on Sat 110 that they didn't match. Since everything has been working fine, I wasn't too concerned, but the engineer in me comes out every once and a while and asks "wonder why that is?"!!
I have no idea whether it is important or not, but mine match +/- 1% jitter, on all transponders. As long as the signal is strong enough in the first place, I doubt it matters much. The techie in me would have the same response as you, however. I'd map my strengths and keep an eye on them.

One thing that I have done is take a careful measurement of all my signal levels and put them into a chart, noting the date, temp, presence of leaves, etc. This way, I can track performance over time/seasons/atmospheric conditions, etc. I have every channel mapped for strength on every satellite (excluding the n/a's of course).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.