DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
AllStar
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having problems lately on some HD locals with audio stuttering, drops and pixelation after over 3 months of no problems at all. I checked signal strength, and 129 is at 61. I've checked this in the past and it was always at 96 or greater. Other sats are running around 100.

Does this mean my dish has moved a little? Wouldn't surprise me with the high winds we've had in the last few weeks.

Is this something Dish will fix at no charge or am I looking at a billable service call?

Just trying to understand my options before I make the call.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,482 Posts
MikeHou said:
I've been having problems lately on some HD locals with audio stuttering, drops and pixelation after over 3 months of no problems at all. I checked signal strength, and 129 is at 61. I've checked this in the past and it was always at 96 or greater. Other sats are running around 100.
Where I live, we're lucky to get a >50 signal at any time on 129. Breakups don't start happening until somewhere down in the upper twenties.
Is this something Dish will fix at no charge or am I looking at a billable service call?
I think you've passed the freebie period.
Ask the CSR about subscribing to the Dish Home Protection Plan if they don't offer to sign you up for it. You should be able to cancel when you feel comfortable that the install is finally right.

·
Godfather
455 Posts
MikeHou said:

Does this mean my dish has moved a little? Wouldn't surprise me with the high winds we've had in the last few weeks.

Very well could have moved. Then again, very well possible 129 slipped. Its has issues. Lets take STARZHD right now. Crap audio and pixelation, clear sky. Sig at 81.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,482 Posts
SMosher said:
Then again, very well possible 129 slipped. Its has issues. Lets take STARZHD right now. Crap audio and pixelation, clear sky. Sig at 81.
If you're getting an 81 signal, it is more likely that the uplinked programming is bad, not the satellite.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,482 Posts
SMosher said:
I agree with that. But 129 is an uber heap of crap.
No argument here, but we need to be careful about blaming it for problems that are actually elsewhere in any event.

That being said, it could turn out that an uplink horn on 129 is going deaf.

·
Mentor
35 Posts
I have noticed that the signal strength on 129 varies greatly. I usually use TP 6 and 22 as a check because they generally are the lowest TP for me on 129. With the same weather conditions sometimes they are at 50 and sometimes at around 75 (they both seem to change the same). The other TPs on sat 119 and 110 are very stable, usually over 100.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.