DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Icon
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked at the signal strength of my HR21-100 and have a question about it. Signals on the 101 are very strong(90-95)but on the 99c,103ca,and 103cb they are only 60-75. Could this be a cause for pixelazation while watching hockey last nite. My location is in Colorado and I did not get any signal from the 110,119 or99s. What does DTV charge for a realignment service call?
Thanks

· Premium Member
41,526 Posts
bnwrx said:
I've looked at the signal strength of my HR21-100 and have a question about it. Signals on the 101 are very strong(90-95)but on the 99c,103ca,and 103cb they are only 60-75. Could this be a cause for pixelazation while watching hockey last nite. My location is in Colorado and I did not get any signal from the 110,119 or99s. What does DTV charge for a realignment service call?
Thanks
The lack of signals from 110/119/99s aren't a problem.
The 60-75 for the 99/103c IS a problem.
The dish isn't aligned as well as it should be, or maybe you have snow on the dish?
You'll need to call DirecTV to find the charge, as they may offer a service call for free, or charge $50-75.

· Icon
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is trying to align it myself even a consideration? Trial and error approach? I have no meter...

· Premium Member
41,526 Posts
bnwrx said:
Is trying to align it myself even a consideration? Trial and error approach? I have no meter...
I align mine with the receiver, so a meter isn't mandatory, but you do need to know/learn how to do it.
If you can't view the signal screen while at the dish, you'll need to have someone relay the readings to you, which can be a pain.

· Icon
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
veryoldschool said:
I align mine with the receiver, so a meter isn't mandatory, but you do need to know/learn how to do it.
If you can't view the signal screen while at the dish, you'll need to have someone relay the readings to you, which can be a pain.
So I did try aligning myself. My results: 99c from 79 to 91,103ca from 67 to 91,103cb from 73 to 93.
Hopefully this will help with the picture breakup. When I run the system test it still says there could be an alignment issue, so we'll see after watching for a day or two. Heres hoping...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.