DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
AllStar
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I already know the answer to this....you need two seperate satellite feeds for the dual tuner DVRs, correct?

I'm really wanting to upgrade from my 510 to a dual tuner model, but really don't want another run my Dish 500. There are two coming into the house already.

Perhaps it can be done with some kind of switch already in the house?

Thank you in advance, folks!

p.s. just wanted to say, because not many people mention when installs go well, but we just took advantage of the Dish mover service, and the tech we had was great! He was attentive to my concerns, and did a really nice and professional looking install. (not quite like the guy we had for the original install at the old place :( )

·
Hall Of Fame
2,114 Posts
To use a single coax feed, you have to use a DP Plus switch, but it would be included with the cost of the upgrade to a dual tuner. A DP Plus Twin will feed two receivers (either or both could be dual tuners) and it just replaces the LNB on the Dish 500 you have now.

If you were going to ADD a dual tuner and have more than two receivers, the installer might opt for a different switch and use two coax lines to the dual tuner - the 4 output DP Plus switch is expensive.

·
AllStar
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses, guys!

I have a Dish 500 dish. When I go into System Info, it says Device: DP-Twin-1
For receivers I have a 510 and a 301 now.

I was just thinking of replacing the 510 with a dual for the ability to watch one show and record another.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.