DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Icon
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an install next week and need the size of the Bracket at the end of the Mast (that screws to house). I am mounting on a horizonal 2x8 facia that has a 1x2 trim piece I need to cut out to the width of the bracket. I'd like to locate my rafter and cut the trim so the Bracket will go between (so the installer can't miss the rafter with the center bolts). I'm assuming my facia is nailed to therafters. My guess is it is about 4"x7", but a more accurate number would be helpful.

· Legend
171 Posts
tcatdbs said:
I have an install next week and need the size of the Bracket at the end of the Mast (that screws to house). I am mounting on a horizonal 2x8 facia that has a 1x2 trim piece I need to cut out to the width of the bracket. I'd like to locate my rafter and cut the trim so the Bracket will go between (so the installer can't miss the rafter with the center bolts). I'm assuming my facia is nailed to therafters. My guess is it is about 4"x7", but a more accurate number would be helpful.
Nailing is the standard method of attaching the fascia to the rafters. I used 12d ringnecks on the last house I built. Screwing them on reduces productivity.

· Icon
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't found any houses nearby with a Dish near enough to ground to measure. Any installers have one handy to measure? I'm hoping it's 6.5" or less tall...

My facia does appear nailed, it's 2x8 with a 1x3 trim board at top edge with 2" metal drip flashing at top edge (roof tiles over top of that). I was going to remove a 4" wide section of the trim, so the mount could slide under the metal flashing. This would give me a 4" x 6.5-7" flat surface for the bracket. Need to do this for 2 masts, so I'd like to be as accurate as possible. I figure if I left it up to the installer, he'd just slap up a 3/4" spacer and bolt the mount over the top of everything... not what I want.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.