DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· AllStar
55 Posts
Bengal1 said:
I know I need 2" o.d. pipe to mount slimline in the ground. I went to the local hardware and couldn`t find water pipe that was 2" o.d. What kind of pipe should I be looking for? Thanks!!
I just bought a 2" adapter sleeve on eBay for about $15 including shipping. Search "super dish adapter."

· Cool Member
23 Posts
The mast that came with my AT9 measures 1.970". The mast that came with my AU9 measures 1.980". They are both a little less than 2". Exhaust tubing which measured about 2.020" fit too tight on the AT9, and the bubble level fit very sloppy with lots of clearance. I suspect the mast may be metric. 1.968" is 50.0 mm. The paint or powder coating will increase this by a few thousands.

You can probably spread the clamp and use the exhaust tubing. I haven't measured any fence posts.

· Hall Of Fame
3,862 Posts
jimirb said:
I just bought a 2" adapter sleeve on eBay for about $15 including shipping. Search "super dish adapter."
I wouldn't really call that one a sleeve adapter. I would avoid that one in favor for one of the sleeves that fit completely around the OD of the old smaller poll. The clamp to the edge of the pole design of the "super adapter" doesn't look very super to me. It's actually a pretty poor design that relies on a relatively small clamping contact area to keep it from moving. A sleeve will be much more stable and less prone to any movement that would knock the dish out of alignment.

Sleeve adapters are available on ebay for cheaper than the poorly designed "super adapter".

· Hall Of Fame
1,779 Posts

· Godfather
452 Posts
doctor j said:
It is metric 50mm.
I've never seen a 2" O.D. pipe in Loews or Home Depot in B'ham.
Never bothered measuring them out to see if they're standard or metric, I just bring the bubble level that come with the masts to see if it fits. Home Depot, Ace Hardware both have them readily available here, and like i said, Lowes delivers them to our warehouse.

· Hall Of Fame
1,779 Posts
Johnnie5000 said:
Never bothered measuring them out to see if they're standard or metric, I just bring the bubble level that come with the masts to see if it fits. Home Depot, Ace Hardware both have them readily available here, and like i said, Lowes delivers them to our warehouse.
I'm not contradicting that.
Just a statement that I've searched locally, in Birmingham ,for almost 4 years now, for 2" O.D. tubing and only found 18 gauge at muffler shops.
Never anything other than 1 5/8 or 2 3/8 at Home Depot,or Lowes.
All my DIY masts have come from online purchases.

Doctor j

· Godfather
452 Posts
doctor j said:
I'm not contradicting that.
Just a statement that I've searched locally, in Birmingham ,for almost 4 years now, for 2" O.D. tubing and only found 18 gauge at muffler shops.
Never anything other than 1 5/8 or 2 3/8 at Home Depot,or Lowes.
All my DIY masts have come from online purchases.

Doctor j
That sucks. Can't make it simple there can they. Tried a plumbers supply shop?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.