DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
2,844 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
2,844 Posts
Just a note...

I have a APC Smart-UPS XL 1000VA for my DLP, HR20, XBox360, and cheapy surround sound system, when all 4 are going at once, the load adds up.

I have the older version of the 300CS with my wife's laptop and a WAP on it. The load on that is normal.

Depending on what your TV, IRD and other devices pull, you might need a more powerful UPS

· Hall Of Fame
1,183 Posts
I have one of these on my PC. It's very skinny for the capacity. Cyberpower has quite a few relatively skinny UPSs, and Frys has several of the recertified ones at really good prices (see this thread). Looks like the one I have is sold out, but you could try some of the others. I also have one of their 1200va units (without the LCD) for the HR21 & TV in the kitchen, fits in the cabinet nicely, I'd say it's close to 4.5", but maybe not as thin as the LCD model.

· Legend
240 Posts
Really you could get any rack-mount UPS that is 2U high. They make "tower" adapters to set them on end, just need to remove the metal "ears" used for rack mounting. APC has a tower adapter for their 2U rackmount units. Their rackmounts exhaust out the back so space is not as big an issue as the ones that have fans on the side.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.