DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
DBSTalk Club Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my HR20 for a few weeks now and like most people I've had a few minor issues but overall I'm generally happy. Last night I had a recording that just didn't happen so I figured I would post on here to see if others had similar issues.

I have an auto-record setup for my alma mater (LA Tech) and since we aren't on TV all that much, I have it set first in my prioritizer. Tech was on TV last night @ 10pm on 644 so yesterday afternoon I checked the To-Do list and it was listed right there as plain as day. I then modified the stop-time to add an extra 30-minutes to the end just to make sure I got the entire game -- it acknowledged my modification and it was still in the to-do list.

Then we went out for awhile. When I returned and got back to the HR20 around midnight I noticed that it was not recording anything. I looked in the "History" and it showed my recording as "Deleted". (No - there was no one home to delete it or cancel the record.) It seemed to record everything else that was scheduled on the to-do list, and me adding 30-mins to the show did not impact any other shows previously scheduled. Luckily I still had my tivo recording it as a backup.

Any ideas? Anyone else with a prob like this one? Thanks for this forum, guys -- it's great!

·
Cool Member
13 Posts
I have a Series Link for Amazing Race. When I checked earlier today, it was scheduled to record tonight. At about a half-hour before Amazing Race began, I started a movie on DVD. When it was over, I went to MyVOD and found no Amazing Race. I went to History, and it showed Amazing Race as Deleted. I have no idea if it was record and then deleted, or never recorded at all. No conflicts. Plenty of space. No explanation beyond the word "Deleted".

I suppose it's possible that some of the remote codes for my DVD (sent by my Harmony remote) happen to be the right codes to delete a program on the HR20. I doubt it, though.

I've had other similar problems and assumed they were my own error. ("I could have *sworn* I set that to record...") This time I know it wasn't on me. I hope they get this sort of thing worked out, but until then I'm really glad I still have my DSR6000 working as a back-up. Right now, I don't feel I can rely on the HR20.

·
Legend
210 Posts
Same o here w/ nhl, base ball playoffs mostly

System is plain broke if it can't do what a D* dvr is supposed todo... program in adv and record
. No if ands or but's

jhindmon said:
I've had my HR20 for a few weeks now and like most people I've had a few minor issues but overall I'm generally happy. Last night I had a recording that just didn't happen so I figured I would post on here to see if others had similar issues.

I have an auto-record setup for my alma mater (LA Tech) and since we aren't on TV all that much, I have it set first in my prioritizer. Tech was on TV last night @ 10pm on 644 so yesterday afternoon I checked the To-Do list and it was listed right there as plain as day. I then modified the stop-time to add an extra 30-minutes to the end just to make sure I got the entire game -- it acknowledged my modification and it was still in the to-do list.

Then we went out for awhile. When I returned and got back to the HR20 around midnight I noticed that it was not recording anything. I looked in the "History" and it showed my recording as "Deleted". (No - there was no one home to delete it or cancel the record.) It seemed to record everything else that was scheduled on the to-do list, and me adding 30-mins to the show did not impact any other shows previously scheduled. Luckily I still had my tivo recording it as a backup.

Any ideas? Anyone else with a prob like this one? Thanks for this forum, guys -- it's great!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.