DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Legend
128 Posts
Ray [email protected] Network said:
Are you still having problems with your timers or has it been resolved? Please let me know. Thanks.
I too have been experiencing this, but in a different way. I have had several programs as of late that are showing and recording as "new epiosodes". The Original air date shows as a current date (Bones episode tonite sshows as original air date 1/5/12...however it is an episode that aired last year Nov. 10th to be exact. This happened last night with CSI and an episode from October 5th, 2011. While I have not seen anything "new" pop up since I went through my timer list and skipped all the shows I know where repeats. So I can't say if it is fixed or not, however, I can say that EVERY time I see a "No Information" in the guide data while scrolling though this happens. Right before Christmas I saw this and sure enough the next day I had 23 eisodes of iCarly recorded for the kids becuase they all said they were new episodes.

I don't know if it is a Dish thing or guide data thing but it is getting old having to go through my timer list daily to make sure all programs being recorded are actually new and not repeats with an incorrect original air date.

·
Legend
128 Posts
eichenberg said:
I too have been experiencing this, but in a different way. I have had several programs as of late that are showing and recording as "new epiosodes". The Original air date shows as a current date (Bones episode tonite sshows as original air date 1/5/12...however it is an episode that aired last year Nov. 10th to be exact. This happened last night with CSI and an episode from October 5th, 2011. While I have not seen anything "new" pop up since I went through my timer list and skipped all the shows I know where repeats. So I can't say if it is fixed or not, however, I can say that EVERY time I see a "No Information" in the guide data while scrolling though this happens. Right before Christmas I saw this and sure enough the next day I had 23 eisodes of iCarly recorded for the kids becuase they all said they were new episodes.

I don't know if it is a Dish thing or guide data thing but it is getting old having to go through my timer list daily to make sure all programs being recorded are actually new and not repeats with an incorrect original air date.
Just noticed that starting at 6:30 PM MT tonight most of my channels on my 722k receiver say no info. I will be willing to bet tomorrow I will have my same problem as described above.

·
Legend
128 Posts
"eichenberg" said:
Just noticed that starting at 6:30 PM MT tonight most of my channels on my 722k receiver say no info. I will be willing to bet tomorrow I will have my same problem as described above.
Yup just as I thought after doing a check switch to get guide data back i have 12 timers that are set to be recorded that are shows from last year. The timers are all set to New Episodes.

·
Legend
128 Posts
DoyleS said:
I haven't seen it repeat but clearly I would rather have it record shows it shouldn't than miss recording actual new episodes.
I agree as well...but it is time (and space) consuming to have to delete all the repeats

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.