Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Cool Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on the tivo machine there's a button that takes you to the beginning
or the end of a live recording. is there the same option on the HR20?
when i'm watching a recorded show sometimes i want to go back to the
beginning or the end i've been using the 3x FF or RW button but that takes
a long time. i was wondering if there was a button that skips 15 or 30 mins
at a time.

thanks

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Skip To Tick Forward: Hold FF for 3s
Skip To Tick Reverse: Hold RW for 3s

·
Cool Member
28 Posts
I've noticed in the last couple of days that my skip to end does not work. If I hold down the 30s slip button, it just keps adding more slips to the number, (it went up to 9 once, before I gave up), but never skips to end. It used to work. The only change I've made was to put the remote in RF mode, rather than IR, so I could move the box inside my AV cabinet.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
indy300 said:
Are you serious? You have to hold a button for 30 seconds?
Sorry... I did mean 3 s

·
Founder
17,326 Posts
Bribo said:
I've noticed in the last couple of days that my skip to end does not work. If I hold down the 30s slip button, it just keps adding more slips to the number, (it went up to 9 once, before I gave up), but never skips to end. It used to work. The only change I've made was to put the remote in RF mode, rather than IR, so I could move the box inside my AV cabinet.
I've noticed that too. Sometimes I can't even use it because it just keeps adding more slips.

·
Legend
118 Posts
When you refer to the slip button, are you actually referring to the FF or REW button? or what the manual refers to as the ADVANCE or REPLAY buttons?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
jimbo713 said:
and - what's the "bookmark" feature? And how do you set a bookmark? And is that "tick" you talk about one of these bookmarks?
Bookmark is what it sounds like... a "bookmark" in the recording.

I believe you set it by hitting PAUSE and then the green button.

It will allow you then to skip to the bookmark point.

"Ticks" are pre-placed bookmarks, usually at 15 and 30 minute intervals depending on the length of the recording.

·
Icon
752 Posts
Bribo said:
I've noticed just the opposite...had mine in rf for the 2 versions of software wouldn't work for me before now works perfectly...strange!

·
Legend
210 Posts
The 30 sec hold to go to the end trick did work for awhile,

now just adds lots of skips .... as said before

any new suggestions?

·
AllStar
90 Posts
I just tried it on mine... I was able to get all the functions to work (skip to tick/to begin/to end etc...) using the appropriate buttons. However in addition to holding it for 3 seconds, I got it to work by releasing the same button and pressing it and releasing it again.

For example:

To skip to a tick : Hold FF for 3s, release, then press and release the FF again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.