DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· AllStar
409 Posts
I have done this swap from an SWM5 to a SWM3 and back again a few times with my new camping setup. Initial alignment was done with a SWM5 and when I did the swap to the SWM3 I noticed a slight drop off in signal levels. I also re-aligned the dish with a SWM3 initially and then swapped in the SWM 5 and actually got better signal levels with no further alignment. So for me, I don't anticipate having to re-align in the future when doing the swap. YMMV.

The only thing I had to ensure I did was to go into each connected receiver/dvr and rerun setup. When doing so, my receivers automatically detected the change and adjusted their settings accordingly.

· Genius.
19,830 Posts
Technically speaking you should re-peak the dish as the 5 is heavier than the 3. However the change should be very minor perhaps a point or two at Max.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Hall Of Fame
2,008 Posts
I want to swap from sl3 to sl5. Do I have to change any information at receiver? What sat do I put meter reader at to check signal power?
Yes you have to rerun the satellite setup so that it detects that it now has the two extra satellites. On older receivers you have to run the setup and manually select which kind of LNB system you are using.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.