DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Up The Irons!
5,775 Posts
Already been a few threads opened about this.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Yes, there are several threads on the new "Black" HR20.

There is no ETA on when it will be available, or what you can do if you already have one on order, or already have one and want the "Black" version.

Also, I don't know if they are going to have BOTH available.

I do know, that under the shell... they are 100% the same system, there is no difference.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
:) no problem...

It just floats off the first couple pages, as since their is no availability information on it yet, not much to talk about yet.

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
Did you notice that the paragraph with the picture of the "info" button shows the results of pushing the "menu" button? I love when that happens to other people.

·
Icon
730 Posts
uscboy said:
I'd like to see more menu color 'themes' before alternate exterior colors.
Most definately agree. I would not mind seeing other options for the GUI, like more than six channels in the guide, with the program info expanding on the selected channel rather than taking up so much at the top. I also wouldn't mind doing away with the PIG and having the option for the guide display over the program.

·
Godfather
395 Posts
This site makes me realize how stupid I am :D

My HR-20 is mostly stable and sits in my media cabinet behind blacked out cloth panels, so I never notice the ugly grey color.

BUT, I still am finding myself wondering how I can exchange it for the black one, which may not be as stable.. What is wrong with me =(

·
Cool Member
24 Posts
Crimson said:
Not sure why people are so interested in the color..
I am sure many have the same issue I have:

My other components are black (AV, DVD, etc.). So a silver component kind of sticks out like a sore thumb while the black one will blend in.

·
Impossible Dreamer
5,525 Posts
purdueboiler87 said:
I wish they would fix the version they have out. How about making one that lasts more than 2 weeks before they change the color. Who sets their priorities? Just returned my second dead one to CC.
Well, I doubt that manufacturing a second case color is taking away any resources from the software development team (or even other aspects of manufacturing QC). Color doesn't matter much to me in my install setup, but I know it does to others; it's good to have the option.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
367 Posts
My unit is in the basement server rack so no one sees it. My plan next year is to add the external eSATA drives and bring this puppy to 1 TB.

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
Jeremy W said:
The GUI will be changing next year. I doubt they'll have color choices, but it will (IMO) be better looking than the current one.
Do you have any links or images you can publish with the new GUI?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
The New GUI discussion, is based on Last February's PDF file, the quarterly/yearly update. I don't have the link off hand, but it is available in the Investor relations section of DirecTV.Com

IMHO, if there is a new GUI comming. My interpretation of the images from that PDF, it is going to be more of a reworking of some of the GUI we have now... not a massive overhaul or an entirely new GUI.

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
Maybe we'll see some more this coming February.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.