DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· AllStar
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fisrt, many thanks to Stew (K4SMX) and your dish alignment link, it did come in handy this weekend. I had okay signals before; after my alignments tweaks, I've still got okay signals. I ended up losing a little on most of the sat's except on 103(c) which is the one I'd peaked off of. I could have, maybe should have, peaked off 99(c). I'm in Northern California (Sacramento); not sure if that would make much of a difference, particularly in regards to improving the numbers on 101.

I've got the feeling dish geometries off a little in some way as the 113 degree tilt that's called for in my area ended up being more like 110 degrees (peaked off the 119).

DTV had installed an L-shaped bracket (like this one) which was mounted under an eave on my house, fastened to a rafter with the Slim Line's J mast extending out from that point. I'd had the mast perfectly plumb however, once the dish was attached, the added weight threw plum off a little. Torpedo bubble's still in between the marks but is not perfectly centered as it was before the dish was slipped over the mast. This evening, I'm going to try to plumb the mast while the dish is attached, making adjustments to the two mast support rods if necessary and attempting to make the hole assembly a litte more sturdy. If that works, one final round of alignment adjustments will be on my 'to do' list with (hopefully) a better-than-okay result in the end.

· Hall Of Fame
3,682 Posts
I wouldn't be all to worried about minute deviations to the plumb. the AZ/EL controls mor then make up for it. Also don't focus too much on the tilt adjustments. Just set it too the value given by the IRD.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.