DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Mentor
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I upgraded to the H20 receiver Friday and the installers installed the new slimline dish with three LNB's. I notice other forums talking about a 5 LNB AT9 dish. My question is what am I missing with only having three LNB?
Mike

·
Icon
869 Posts
No offense, but I find it hard to believe you have the new Slimline, so no 1 can get any information on this thing and we're still trying to figure out the exact measurements. Someone else said they're depleting their supply of the AT9's before doing the Slimlines

Robert Norman said:
I upgraded to the H20 receiver Friday and the installers installed the new slimline dish with three LNB's. I notice other forums talking about a 5 LNB AT9 dish. My question is what am I missing with only having three LNB?
Mike

·
AllStar
69 Posts
DonCorleone said:
No offense, but I find it hard to believe you have the new Slimline, so no 1 can get any information on this thing and we're still trying to figure out the exact measurements. Someone else said they're depleting their supply of the AT9's before doing the Slimlines
No offense to you Godfather but we have slimline's going up around here like Christmas lights and yes it looks like they have three LNB's. All three of the "normal LNB's" are combined into one.

Attachments

·
Beware the Attack Basset
25,427 Posts
DonCorleone said:
No offense, but I find it hard to believe you have the new Slimline, so no 1 can get any information on this thing and we're still trying to figure out the exact measurements.
The first Slimline (AU9) dishes started showing up here a month ago or more. See this post: http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=69696&highlight=AU9

The complaints started about ten days later.

·
AllStar
92 Posts
DonCorleone said:
No offense, but I've got one on my roof!

Gotta love the know it all's!!!

·
Icon
798 Posts
The LNB also draws less current than the old AT-9 dish as well. 180ma vs. 250-300 ma of the AT-9 LNB. This is good news because you can have longer cable runs with less voltage drop between the receiver and LNB when you have an LNB that needs 30-40% less amperage.

32.25 X 22.50= 725.625 sq. inch surface area vs 29.50 X 25.50 = 752.25
sq. in surface area for the AT-9. Curiously, the Slimline seems to have greater
gain than the AT-9(measurements taken using identical equip. but two
dish types, AT-9 & Slimline) transponder strengths obtained via HR-20-700.
You can now order it from a on-line dealer..... http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_display.asp?PROD=AU9-S
LNB arm with LNBS attached extends 23.5" from the dish surface area
• Weight: 25 lbs (including J-mount mast, dish surface, LNBs, arm and pole attachment)

:)

·
Icon
869 Posts
My bad...off the site for a few weeks and look at what you miss! Also, I just had 2 neighbors get the 5 LNB installed and they both have the AT-9's, so it seemed as though they were still MIA.

The measurements listed a few posts earlier, though (25.5 X 29.5) don't seem any smaller than the AT-9...I thought this thing was supposed to be smaller, at least according to the webinar back towards the beginning of the year.

So, the only thing better about this new 1 is the look and the strength...weight's the same, I think?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.