DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Yes, there are several people that have had the AU9 dish installed (AU9 is the model number for the SlimLine)

However, what you get depends on what your local installer company has in stock, unless you purchase it your self.

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
I've seen several in SoCal.

·
Legend
192 Posts
gregftlaud said:
i'm still waiting to do the upgrade until the slimline dish comes out. anyone know if they are installing it yet, or, if not, maybe when?

greg
I had mine installed in early November. The installer said that's all they have now.

·
Legend
155 Posts
I got mine in late Oct... The installer said it was the first one he installed and the 2-inch mount did make the install more difficult. It does look nicer if the disk is in a visible location.

·
Icon
798 Posts
gregftlaud said:
i'm still waiting to do the upgrade until the slimline dish comes out. anyone know if they are installing it yet, or, if not, maybe when?

greg
Greg, I'm just North of you in Margate. Installer came 11/25 He had a
slimline with him...I asked if that's all they had now....he said "No", they
still had some older AT-9's in the wharehouse...you get pot luck.
He installed it on side of house(yes mono-poles also installed)...reports are
that even 'tho the slimline has less sq. inch dish reflector area, it has
better gain nbrs thus higher percent on the transponders. You can even order one now at SolidSignal...they are showing the old AT-9 as out of stock now.... http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_display.asp?PROD=AU9-S
Hope this helps :lol: ...MASTECH did the install

·
Hall Of Fame
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well, i was gonna wait until after football season to upgrade anyway just in case everything got screwed up.....i DO NOT want to be without football. so i guess by then the slimline will be more prevelant plus maybe the bugs in the hr20 will be worked out too.........oh, and not to mention ota enabled!

·
Icon
798 Posts
gregftlaud said:
well, i was gonna wait until after football season to upgrade anyway just in case everything got screwed up.....i DO NOT want to be without football. so i guess by then the slimline will be more prevelant plus maybe the bugs in the hr20 will be worked out too.........oh, and not to mention ota enabled!
----------
Yes, I know the feeling...I had the HR-10-250, but ver. 6 software started
to give me some trouble, so I got on the priority wait list, and 3 weeks later
got the install of the Slimline dish+HR20-700. The caller ID function has stopped working already after 2 calls:nono2: the locals look pretty good, so
I'm not missing the OTA.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yah, funny thing i just took my dog for a walk and a neighbor of mine had a new dish on his house....it was the slimline. so i guess they are installing them down here

·
3 Posts
Does anyone know where I can find installation instructions for the slimline dish? I can't find anything except AT9 info.

I made the mistake of buying a slimline off of Ebay and it didn't come with any instructions. I have it working but could not determine how to fine tune it.

I emailed Directv and asked them for instructions and they told me "they are not available" and then said it would cost me $70 for a technician to come out and fine tune it.

·
Éminence grise
8,473 Posts
It's similar to the AT-9 method (somebody posted a link several weeks ago to this one). There are videos for the AT-9 at http://www.solidsignal.com/satellite/at9_install_videos.asp. The difference is that they no longer use the "dither" method for the azimuth adjustment (I don't know why they did this in the first place). If you look at how the elevation adjustment is done in the video and do the azimuth simularly, you should get the idea.

·
Godfather
262 Posts
The "Slimline" is still a large and husky dish....its not going to be like the old ones...if you are going from the old non HD dish, it is still 3 times as big...

Main benefit is it looks better.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.