DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Legend
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the slimline installed yesterday (I have had hr20 for a month). Installer was from Ironwood, and did a great job…I am getting much higher signals then ever before (low 90’s to mid 80’s on 101, high 90’s on 110 and low to mid 90’s on 119). I have an old Sony standard receiver, r10, hr10, and hr20. I didn’t notice any problems last night, but when watching live on the r10 this morning, I noticed pixilation. I went to the signal meter and had a 90 signal…I figured it was a hard drive problem. Then I saw more pixilation on the hr10…after watching the signal meter for a while, I noticed that the signal would go from high 80’s t 0 and then back again very quickly. This happens on both tuners, but only one at a time. All receivers have shown the problem, but again, not at the same time. I put the r10 and hr20 on pop…3 of the tuners would show 87, the other would quickly go to 0, then back.

The run for the hr10 is about 150 ft, the hr20 is about 110 ft, and the r10 is about 70 ft.

If this was a signal problem all the tuners would show signal loss at the same time right? So, is this problem consistent with a bad multi switch?

Thanks for your help.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,102 Posts
james2006 said:
I just got the slimline installed yesterday (I have had hr20 for a month). Installer was from Ironwood, and did a great job…I am getting much higher signals then ever before (low 90's to mid 80's on 101, high 90's on 110 and low to mid 90's on 119). I have an old Sony standard receiver, r10, hr10, and hr20. I didn't notice any problems last night, but when watching live on the r10 this morning, I noticed pixilation. I went to the signal meter and had a 90 signal…I figured it was a hard drive problem. Then I saw more pixilation on the hr10…after watching the signal meter for a while, I noticed that the signal would go from high 80's t 0 and then back again very quickly. This happens on both tuners, but only one at a time. All receivers have shown the problem, but again, not at the same time. I put the r10 and hr20 on pop…3 of the tuners would show 87, the other would quickly go to 0, then back.

The run for the hr10 is about 150 ft, the hr20 is about 110 ft, and the r10 is about 70 ft.

If this was a signal problem all the tuners would show signal loss at the same time right? So, is this problem consistent with a bad multi switch?

Thanks for your help.
I would agree with that.

·
AllStar
97 Posts
I'm assuming the slimline has the same bulit-in multiswitch as the other multi-LNB dishes? Are you using an external multiswitch? If so, can you try bypassing the external multiswitch and run straight from the dish?

·
Legend
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good idea about testing the mutli-switch.

As I have spent more time with this problem, it appears that I am only having issues with the 101 sat. I haven't seen any drop out on normal hd stations, (I did see a lot on sunday ticket channels 722 and 725, but thoe might be from the 101) all of the other problems have been with sd content.

I called D* and the csr thought I had a short in the 101 LNB. He is sending out a tech this Tuesday.

What I still don't understand is why all tuners don't drop to 0 at the same time. If the problem was a short in the LNB, you would think that all tuners would exhibit the problem at the same time.

The one thing that scares me is that the signal can sometimes be good for 30-45 minutes at a time...I hope we can get this problem fixed with one visit, b/c it is really starting to get annoying!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.