DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Icon
869 Posts
Hopefully that means we'll finally get the answers to the questions about how big it actually is

ScoBuck said:
It must be - because I see that on on the program guide that on Monday channel 578 will be showing installation info.

·
AllStar
83 Posts
DirecTV installed a SlimLine on my reinforced roof yesterday. Of course I didn't have an AT9 handy to compare it to, but its still a lot bigger than the old 3 LNB dish. It uses the bigger 2" mast and perhaps is a little cleaner looking. It also looks as though there is a space where one more LNB could be added.

·
Impossible Dreamer
5,525 Posts
jdeaton said:
DirecTV installed a SlimLine on my reinforced roof yesterday. Of course I didn't have an AT9 handy to compare it to, but its still a lot bigger than the old 3 LNB dish. It uses the bigger 2" mast and perhaps is a little cleaner looking. It also looks as though there is a space where one more LNB could be added.
The dish is going to be bigger than the Phase III in order to pick up all the kA & kU signals it needs at acceptable levels.

The blank space on the LNB holder is reported to be a purely cosmetic feature.

·
AllStar
74 Posts
Love the slimline......so much lighter.....Azimuth dithering similar to elevation....did I mention it's lighter/easer to manage up a 24' ladder to a roof top....Oh yeah, and all the LNBs from different manufacturers are cross compatible.......no more carrying 3 different types 101 and 3 different 110/119 LNBs in the back of my truck.....what a headache.....AND it's lighter.

.....you know...that empty space is just about the right distance to zip tie a 95 LNB to.......

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
swedishcancerboi said:
.....you know...that empty space is just about the right distance to zip tie a 95 LNB to.......
Something tells me a zip tie / duct tape approach isn't exactly satellite reception friendly :lol:

·
Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
"Something tells me a zip tie / duct tape approach isn't exactly satellite reception friendly :"

The FTA hobbyists do things like that all the time!

·
Icon
914 Posts
Yeah, it's on 578, right after "Attitude Appeariance and Education".

Which is hillarious! I'll have to watch that!

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
It's not working for me.

·
Icon
914 Posts
yeah, not working for me either.

·
Legend
247 Posts
I have my install going on right now. I went to help the installer Carry the dish up the ladder.I was expecting the at9 but I saw the Slimline next to the ladder.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.