DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Godfather
Joined
·
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm visiting some family and I can't access my Sling (on a 722) from here. No problem on dishonline seeing what's on my DVR, etc. but when I try to watch something from the schedule (live TV,) I get the screen as if it is downloading the video and then an error message. This is happening on both my notebook computer and my iPad.

Checked the router, everything looks fine, tried uPnP on and off, no effect, no firewall or proxies. No problem accessing anything else (Netflix, etc.)

Any ideas of what else to check?

Thanks
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
fudpucker said:
I'm visiting some family and I can't access my Sling (on a 722) from here. No problem on dishonline seeing what's on my DVR, etc. but when I try to watch something from the schedule (live TV,) I get the screen as if it is downloading the video and then an error message. This is happening on both my notebook computer and my iPad.

Checked the router, everything looks fine, tried uPnP on and off, no effect, no firewall or proxies. No problem accessing anything else (Netflix, etc.)

Any ideas of what else to check?

Thanks
OK just had my wife at home check and no red light on the Sling. She unplugged it from the receiver USB and plugged it back in, still no message and no red light. So for some reason it seems to not be working. It was working a week ago. Hmmmmmmm
 

· Icon
Joined
·
1,025 Posts
Do you have multiple receivers and if so, are you accessing the one with the sling from your iPad menu? If you are on the wrong receiver you will get nothing.
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fixed. Sling just stopped working. A DIRT rep quickly helped me out, cost me about $50 but they replaced it very quickly (apparently the Sling is not covered in the extra coverage plan.) New one plugged in and worked.
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
427 Posts
"fudpucker" said:
Fixed. Sling just stopped working. A DIRT rep quickly helped me out, cost me about $50 but they replaced it very quickly (apparently the Sling is not covered in the extra coverage plan.) New one plugged in and worked.
The sling adapter is covered in the $6 Protection Plan.
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is there a definitive answer on whether the Sling should be covered by the protection plan? If it is, then I probably shouldn't have had to pay the $50 replacement fee.
 

· New Member
Joined
·
6 Posts
I had a slingbox solo that seems to have quit working----would it be better to get the dish sling adapter or a new solo? Also if i got the dish sling adapter could i use it with sling box app or just with the dish app? Thanks
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
427 Posts
"uawildcat7" said:
I had a slingbox solo that seems to have quit working----would it be better to get the dish sling adapter or a new solo? Also if i got the dish sling adapter could i use it with sling box app or just with the dish app? Thanks
The Sling Adapter is not compatible with the sling app. That being said, I sometimes use my sling adapter with the sling app but the dish remote access app is fully functional and easier to use with the sling adapter than the sling app.
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't know anything about anything but the Sling that Dish sent me and Dish Remote access, but the Dish setup works extremely well. I am in Germany right now and able to easily watch anything live on my Dish IRD at home in the U.S., watch anything on my DVR there, set up and modify recording schedules, etc.
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
FWIW, I chatted with Dish customer service today, and they told me that, since I had the protection plan when my Sling died, they were refunding the $49.99 charge they gave me when they replaced it. Very cool.
 

· Beware the Attack Basset
Joined
·
26,475 Posts
some guy said:
The sling adapter is covered in the $6 Protection Plan.
The long-term consensus on this is that it is NOT covered.

The fact that they stood up for fudpucker seems in decided conflict with what Ray offered.
 

· AllStar
Joined
·
77 Posts
fudpucker said:
I'm visiting some family and I can't access my Sling (on a 722) from here. No problem on dishonline seeing what's on my DVR, etc. but when I try to watch something from the schedule (live TV,) I get the screen as if it is downloading the video and then an error message. This is happening on both my notebook computer and my iPad.

Checked the router, everything looks fine, tried uPnP on and off, no effect, no firewall or proxies. No problem accessing anything else (Netflix, etc.)

Any ideas of what else to check?

Thanks
Same thing happened to me about a month ago on the 722. Sling just died. They replaced my sling then finally upgraded me (at no charge) to a 922. Something happened, but nobody could (or would) tell me what that was . . . .
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top