DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Legend
167 Posts

· Premium Member
4,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Looking at some Reddit comments it is probably going to get worse in the 2023 1st quarter as a lot of people said they only subscribed for NFL Redzone and they have canceled in January after the regular season ended. And they probably won't go back since they can get Redzone from Google now.

· Beware the Attack Basset
26,462 Posts

26,462 Posts
And they probably won't go back since the can get Redzone from Google now.
NFL Redzone through YTTV currently requires a Sports Plus subscription ($10.99) that, in turn, requires a YTTV subscription. Are you assuming that YouTube is going to offer NFL Redzone a la carte?

· Premium Member
4,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We don't know yet but it will be available with NFL Sunday Ticket without YTTV. If not they can always subscribe back to Sling in September.

· Premium Member
4,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NFLST is a a steep price to pay to get NFL Redzone.
I never said it wasn't and I was not one that had Sling for Redzone. I mentioned what people on Reddit that had Sling just for Redzone has said. They probably are assuming they will have Redzone available as a stand alone service with Youtube Prime Channels. But no one knows yet if that will be an option.

So you have info on what NFL Sunday Ticket will cost with Youtube? I mean you must since you know it is a steep price.

26,462 Posts
I mentioned what people on Reddit that had Sling just for Redzone has said.
Reddit is perhaps worse than Wikipedia in terms of worthiness of citation. It is perhaps worse in that many of the redditors have an axe to grind.

We were given the impression all along the way that, in accordance with broadcast network (and ESPN) contracts, NFLST would remain a "premium" (read: expensive) product. This was cited as being one of the reasons that Apple bowed out of the bid.

Precisely because NFLST will be available as a standalone product, it needs to be able to pay for itself to a significant extent.

· Super Moderator
54,190 Posts
They probably are assuming they will have Redzone available as a stand alone service with Youtube Prime Channels.
My assumption is the NFL Network and NFL Network Red Zone carriage on YouTube will continue as if NFL Sunday Ticket was not available. It may be available bundled with NFL Sunday Ticket as well as remaining in its current bundle. I do not expect NFL Red Zone to be without subscription to other content.

Reddit is perhaps worse than Wikipedia in terms of worthiness of citation.
And yet you cited Wikipedia yesterday. :)

As far as the topic of this thread - "tank" seems to be an exaggeration, but whatever gets people to click on the story. There is a lot of fluctuations in the streaming market. What derisive term will they use after the 1st Quarter losses (which are historically higher)? "Spiral?" "Plummet?"

It is a good thing DIRECTV doesn't post official numbers - they would have the words needed to deride their losses. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts