DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ovation (274) has started running an interesting Canadian series called Slings and Arrows. I don't normally watch shows on SD channels (the picture quality is so bad on some of these...) but I dvr'd it to see what it was about and really enjoyed it.

Ovation Slings and Arrows page w/preview

Here's the IMDB description:
In the fictional town of New Burbage, legendary theatrical madman Geoffrey Tennant returns to the New Burbage Theatre Festival, the site of his greatest triumph and most humiliating failure, to assume the artistic directorship after the sudden death of his mentor, Oliver Welles. When Geoffrey arrives he finds that Oliver is still there, in spirit anyway, and with his guidance (and often in spite of it) Geoffrey attempts to reconcile with his past while wrestling the festival back from the marketing department. Despite a bitter leading lady, a clueless leading man, and a scheming general manager, he manages to stage a remarkable production of Hamlet -- the play that drove him mad.

So, if you're into Shakespeare and odd-ball Canadian humor, you might just like this series. The cast includes Paul Gross, Mark McKinney and many other familiar faces.

·
Godfather
391 Posts
mreposter said:
Ovation (274) has started running an interesting Canadian series called Slings and Arrows. I don't normally watch shows on SD channels (the picture quality is so bad on some of these...) but I dvr'd it to see what it was about and really enjoyed it.

Ovation Slings and Arrows page w/preview

Here's the IMDB description:
In the fictional town of New Burbage, legendary theatrical madman Geoffrey Tennant returns to the New Burbage Theatre Festival, the site of his greatest triumph and most humiliating failure, to assume the artistic directorship after the sudden death of his mentor, Oliver Welles. When Geoffrey arrives he finds that Oliver is still there, in spirit anyway, and with his guidance (and often in spite of it) Geoffrey attempts to reconcile with his past while wrestling the festival back from the marketing department. Despite a bitter leading lady, a clueless leading man, and a scheming general manager, he manages to stage a remarkable production of Hamlet -- the play that drove him mad.

So, if you're into Shakespeare and odd-ball Canadian humor, you might just like this series. The cast includes Paul Gross, Mark McKinney and many other familiar faces.
Yes, great stuff.

·
Hall Of Fame
15,561 Posts
Sounds interesting but I'm looking at Episode 6 and Episode 31. I figured out that there are three six episode seasons produced so far and it appears that Season 3 is the current season.

It looks like all 18 episodes can be viewed online.

·
Godfather
391 Posts
phrelin said:
Sounds interesting but I'm looking at Episode 6 and Episode 31. I figured out that there are three six episode seasons produced so far and it appears that Season 3 is the current season.

Yes, they are 6 episode cycles. You really need to start from the beginning (or at least each season.)

·
Hall Of Fame
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
phrelin said:
I found them on Amazon, but it requires an Amazon Prime subscription. Did you find somewhere that offers them for free?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.