DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Cool Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no problems with the DVR except the channel changing speed. I like to surf and the channels need to be displayed instantainiously. I have and want to used native mode because I get window boxing on my 4:3 HDTV monitor if I don't. In this mode channel changing is 6 seconds. In non native with 1080i it goes down to 3 seconds. Still eternity when surfing. I sure would like to hear more complaints about this and get DTV's attension. I don't even see it listed on the survey

·
Cool Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jeremy W said:
Is this your first DirecTV receiver, your first DVR, or both?
Nope I have had a DirecTv reciever since the first Panasonic came out many years ago. I have had Tivo a year or so after they where introduced.

I currently use DirectTv HR10-250, HR20 and H10

HR10-250 is the fastest at 1-2 seconds

·
Godfather
573 Posts
When I activated my receivers (first one was replaced) I was able to change to a few different channels before they received the E3 update. The update on both came pretty quickly after the activation, so I was able to really see the difference in channel changing speeds. This update definitely slowed things down. Mine goes to a grey screen first before the picture and audio of the new channel comes in. It did not do that prior to this update. I had native turned off on both units and both units initially changed channels pretty quickly which then changed after the update. It's only a minor annoyance to me but since it occurred because of an update hopefully a future update will speed things up.
John

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '08
4,107 Posts
The problem is with the animation on screen. A decisin was made early on that the users would sooner see content "move" rather than just flash and have the new position up on screen.

For instance, when you page up or down in the Guide, it has to redraw the screen many times bedore it finally gets to the new display.

If we had a way to turn Animation Off many screen redraws would be much faster.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.