DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
8,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Problem with the Latest NR Software Download (0X02AF) that relates to a Very Slow Guide & Now Playing List Function as well as Delete Functions with my HR21-700 coupled with my AM21.

I do not have this problem with my other HR21-700 that is not connected to an AM21.

I unplugged everything and plugged just the HR21-700 back in and without the AM21 I am running fine. The GUIDE is SLOW to load but that is probably due to a larger cache being loaded to cut down on slowness due to alot of paging.

Anyone else experiencing this problem with the HR21-700 coupled with an AM21.

I will reconnect the AM21 tonight to see if the problem goes away after reconnecting the AM21 & rebooting the HR21-700.

Also, after going into the Menu to look at the Info Screen it takes along time to populate and then to get back out of it into Live TV. I have not had this problem before the download.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,434 Posts
Your complaint is common among AM21 users. I don't think it is limited to the latest NR.

·
Hall Of Fame
8,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did not have this problem until the NR download.

So do I connect it back up or just leave it alone until this is fixed and obviously they knew about it during the testing phase but didn't correct it?

·
Hall Of Fame
8,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have done those things but I had good speed until this NR download and my other HR21-700 (not connected to an AM21) does not exhibit this slowness so I believe it has to do with the connection of the AM21.

I just took it out of the mix and now my HR21-700 is back up to speed. The Guide is slow to load due to a larger cache but once it loads it is fast but it was not when the AM21 box was attached.

·
Cool Member
16 Posts
Just as an FYI, I connect an AM-21 to my HR21-700 two days before I received the latest national release and I'm not experiencing your problem with the guide. My system appears to be operating just as it did previously.

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing that problem. I had my share of challenges in the past.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.