DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Cool Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks:

Sluggish GUI. What kind of changes have you made to accommodate? Did you replace with a new hardware or just change your viewing habits? I did the latter.

It seems that you have to buy a new hardware just to keep up with the latest firmware. What did you do?

· Legend
136 Posts
"aziz" said:
Folks:

Sluggish GUI. What kind of changes have you made to accommodate? Did you replace with a new hardware or just change your viewing habits? I did the latter.

It seems that you have to buy a new hardware just to keep up with the latest firmware. What did you do?
I cleared my playlist of unneeded recordings, deleted unneeded series links and out of season series links, and changed most season links to keep at most three episodes.

It feels much more responsive access times for guide and playlist. Might just be perception.

· Legend
217 Posts
Agreed! My almost 5 year old HR20-100 can barely keep up with all these software updates anymore. It's like trying to install all the latest cool games and software apps on a 10 year old PC. Good luck running those with an outdated OS, processor and memory. The new GUI looks great and is a nice improvement but is still performing some basic functions very SLOWLY :nono2:

D* should at least offer existing customers guaranteed replacement model upgrade DVRs with the latest hardware models. None of this "can't guarantee which DVR model you will get if you upgrade" crap! I have a free HD-DVR upgrade credit and I want a new HD-DVR but if I buy from somewhere else I'm afraid I won't get the $200 credit from D*.

· Hall Of Fame
3,263 Posts
aziz said:
Folks:

I try to use my H25 as a front end for my HR21s and HR22. Otherwise, I try to practice my patience. :)

· Godfather
370 Posts
I didn't do anything (have one HR21 and one HR23) and things are definitely not what I expected. The boxes just don't seem able to keep up with the HDGUI. We shouldn't have to change our recording habits ("I'm sorry, sir, but don't expect your car to go fast.") to get a box that runs well without frustrating delays.

· Icon
1,083 Posts
I havent done anything but b***hed so far. I WILL be adding an HR24 and relegating my HR23 to the bedroom soon. That was always the plan anyway.

· RF Engineer
4,324 Posts
aziz said:
Folks:

Nah, OLD hardware does the trick! I just watch more TV on my R15's (which respond lightning-fast) and less on my lethargic R22. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.