DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Mentor
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reference is made to ViP622 (L614 software) - 17 months in use.

Over the past two weeks I have noticed that the ViP622 has started to respond very sluggishly to many commands made via remote.

This changed behavior is most evident when attempting to scroll through Program Guide channels. There are constant erratic starts and stops. Often when moving just to the next channel in the Guide, the actual move to the selected channel may be delayed by up to 5 seconds.

Initially I thought that this could traced to a fault in the remote; but the delayed response after release of the remote would argue otherwise.

There are many other examples of erratic behavior of the 622.

Suggested action before calling Dish Tech Support?

· Hall Of Fame
3,055 Posts
If you haven't yet, please try a hard reset by pulling the power cord, waiting about 15 - 30 seconds, and then plugging it back in. This goes through a more extensive boot process and may clear up the issue.

As far as remote sluggishness in general, I find this happens when the receiver is busy, i.e. recording 2 or 3 shows, archiving as well as watching an event. if you were noticing it in a situation like this there may not be anything you can do.

· Godfather
352 Posts
nKeith said:
Reference is made to ViP622 (L614 software) - 17 months in use.

Over the past two weeks I have noticed that the ViP622 has started to respond very sluggishly to many commands made via remote.

This changed behavior is most evident when attempting to scroll through Program Guide channels. There are constant erratic starts and stops. Often when moving just to the next channel in the Guide, the actual move to the selected channel may be delayed by up to 5 seconds.

Initially I thought that this could traced to a fault in the remote; but the delayed response after release of the remote would argue otherwise.

There are many other examples of erratic behavior of the 622.

Suggested action before calling Dish Tech Support?
Me too. Power off/on did not make a difference.

· Hall Of Fame
3,055 Posts
It doesn't matter, it's never really off anyway, just in standby. I'd just make sure you don't have anything being recorded at the time or set to record within about 15 minutes of doing this so the DVR is back up and running before the timer is set to fire.

· Mentor
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rob Glasser said:
It doesn't matter, it's never really off anyway, just in standby. I'd just make sure you don't have anything being recorded at the time or set to record within about 15 minutes of doing this so the DVR is back up and running before the timer is set to fire.
Hi Rob,

Thank you for this suggestion. At this time it "appears" that this "reset" has eliminated the sluggishness I've been experiencing.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Will report again tomorrow after I've had a bit more time with the "reset."

Keith

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.