DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Legend
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now get a small picture on both my 722s in the upper left hand corner on TV1.

This only happens when I change formats on TV2.

When I go back to TV1 and change channels or hit and exit info, the picture gets small and goes to the corner.

Pressing format on TV1 only causes the picture to return but in a 480i format.

The only way to correct it is through a reboot or changing the HDTV setting in the menu to either 720 or 1080 depending on your current HDTV setting. The picture then is restored to it's HDTV setting and then you can change it back to the HDTV setting you want.

I called Dish and talked to advanced tech support and they took a detailed report on this. They said it appears to be software glitch and hopefully be fixed in the next update.

This only happens when you change formats on TV2. Just switching between TV1 and TV2 has no affect.

But if anyone else ou there has the same problem should call and report it also.

·
Godfather
274 Posts
manicd said:
I now get a small picture on both my 722s in the upper left hand corner on TV1.

This only happens when I change formats on TV2.

When I go back to TV1 and change channels or hit and exit info, the picture gets small and goes to the corner.

Pressing format on TV1 only causes the picture to return but in a 480i format.

The only way to correct it is through a reboot or changing the HDTV setting in the menu to either 720 or 1080 depending on your current HDTV setting. The picture then is restored to it's HDTV setting and then you can change it back to the HDTV setting you want.

I called Dish and talked to advanced tech support and they took a detailed report on this. They said it appears to be software glitch and hopefully be fixed in the next update.

This only happens when you change formats on TV2. Just switching between TV1 and TV2 has no affect.

But if anyone else ou there has the same problem should call and report it also.
I get the same thing. But if I do anthing with TV2, I get the small pic in upper left corner. Once I hit the left arrow to change to stretch, etc... I get an error on scrren saying "unsupported format" and just have a black screen. Only way to fix it to reboot receiver, but can't use TV2 'cause same thing will happen

·
Legend
224 Posts
This same problem is occurring with 6.12 on my 622, hooked up via component. It does not seem to be related to making any changes in format or channel change on TV2. Perhaps related to switching from HD content to an SD commercial or something being shown on TV1? Toggling the HDTV display size from 720p to 1080i fixes it temporarily.

So glad I've got my plasma and HD Olympic content. Now I get to watch it on 1/4 of the screen real estate....

See my post 6.12/622 BUGS.

·
Icon
509 Posts
DAG said:
This same problem is occurring with 6.12 on my 622, hooked up via component. It does not seem to be related to making any changes in format or channel change on TV2. Perhaps related to switching from HD content to an SD commercial or something being shown on TV1? Toggling the HDTV display size from 720p to 1080i fixes it temporarily.

So glad I've got my plasma and HD Olympic content. Now I get to watch it on 1/4 of the screen real estate....

See my post 6.12/622 BUGS.
I also have the upper left corner "mini-me" TV1 display problem with L6.12 on my Mits/622 setup :rolleyes:
- In my case the problem is absolutely repeatable and occurs anytime TV2's '*' format button is used.

Powercording the 622 or temporarily changing the 622's TV1 output resolution to a different selection then back again will restore the normal full screen video display.

The 622's menu overlays are not afflicted - only the rendered video display has the "shrinkage" problem.

What's next? :lol:

·
Legend
224 Posts
I concur. This has to do with changing the format of TV2. It doesn't affect TV1 right away, but takes a few minutes (perhaps a change during a commercial break?) or change channels and then you can come back to the "mini-me" format. Tech support acknowledged my complaint and said they would send the info to the appropriate folks. Even said that a cure would be coming in 24 hours!!:lol:

Moderator: Can we get this thread included in the 6.12 bug thread?

AVJohnnie said:
I also have the upper left corner "mini-me" TV1 display problem with L6.12 on my Mits/622 setup :rolleyes:
- In my case the problem is absolutely repeatable and occurs anytime TV2's '*' format button is used.

Powercording the 622 or temporarily changing the 622's TV1 output resolution to a different selection then back again will restore the normal full screen video display.

The 622's menu overlays are not afflicted - only the rendered video display has the "shrinkage" problem.

What's next? :lol:

·
Legend
224 Posts
Just a quick note...It's now 24 hours and the issue still exists. I just don't change the format of TV2 and TV1 then behaves itself.

DAG said:
Tech support acknowledged my complaint and said they would send the info to the appropriate folks. Even said that a cure would be coming in 24 hours!!:lol:

·
Mentor
224 Posts
Also seeing the problem for the first time with 6.12 (noticed the "you have been Turbo-charged" logo for the first time tonight.) Power button reset fixed it for the moment but from reading the above I expect it to return.

·
Legend
224 Posts
Let's hope it's fixed in the next version. This bug affects 622 and 722 receivers and I have a feeling it's not getting a lot of attention out there...

·
622 Tips & Trick Keeper
9,880 Posts
DAG and manicd..

Going to keep this one in its own thread since it appears to be both in L6.10 and L6.12 and I was on vacation when you guys posted this so I kinda of dropped the ball here. Have you guys tried doing a PIP swap when you run into it. Is everyone in dual mode here or are some in dual and some in single mode?

·
Legend
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ron Barry said:
DAG and manicd..

Going to keep this one in its own thread since it appears to be both in L6.10 and L6.12
Could you change the topic title to reflect more properly what this thread has become?

I use dual mode on my 722s. My friend also has a 722 and had it in single mode when he got the update and wasn't affected. He was unable to duplicate the problem in dual mode when I had him try it.

·
Legend
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Deke Rivers said:
i got turbo'ed today and had small pic syndrome..they better fix this ****..ive had to power reset my box twice now tonight in a 2 hr period
No need to do a power reset. just do menu-6-8 and pick a different TV type and accept it. switch back to your normal type and the picture is corrected. Don't know if changing the aspect ratio will do the same thig or not.

·
622 Tips & Trick Keeper
9,880 Posts
manicd said:
Could you change the topic title to reflect more properly what this thread has become?

I use dual mode on my 722s. My friend also has a 722 and had it in single mode when he got the update and wasn't affected. He was unable to duplicate the problem in dual mode when I had him try it.
Changed title to include 622 and also L6.12. Would be interesting to see if a PIP swap is a viable work around.

·
Legend
134 Posts
manicd said:
No need to do a power reset. just do menu-6-8 and pick a different TV type and accept it. switch back to your normal type and the picture is corrected. Don't know if changing the aspect ratio will do the same thig or not.
thanks..that should be a lot quicker than a reset..i do hope this gets fixed though as its still a pain in the ass no matter what the workaround is..

·
Legend
224 Posts
I'm always in dual mode, but will try to put it in single mode and see if the problem occurs and can be fixed with a PIP swap.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.