DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Legend
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm noticing more and more search mistakes lately. Just today I could see a movie coming up on the guide list. I went to a different DVR to schedule the recording. I entered the movie name into smart search and got only a vod and a $ result. I've seen this a few times in the past but those were with shows near the 2 week limit. This was less than an hour away. I've also gotten a positive hit on a search, gone to the search result to find no listings in the result! And I hate 059e. I cant delete a program with a double dash anymore!!!

·
1*
10,289 Posts
elixir26 said:
I'm noticing more and more search mistakes lately. Just today I could see a movie coming up on the guide list. I went to a different DVR to schedule the recording. I entered the movie name into smart search and got only a vod and a $ result. I've seen this a few times in the past but those were with shows near the 2 week limit. This was less than an hour away. I've also gotten a positive hit on a search, gone to the search result to find no listings in the result! And I hate 059e. I cant delete a program with a double dash anymore!!!
The SmartSearch issue you mention has been around since the beginning. I've come across it a lot, prior to this release and with this release as well.

- Merg

·
Always Searching
1,938 Posts
I've found "smart" search to be very hit-and-miss myself (and not just recently with this software version.) It's come to the point that I will double-check results; especially when I receieve a "there are no matching programs at this time" message. That message of often flat out incorrect :nono2:

·
Broadcast Engineer
4,153 Posts
dsw2112 said:
I've found "smart" search to be very hit-and-miss myself (and not just recently with this software version.)...
It's never been perfect, and seemed to get dumber when they named it "Smart", ironically enough. But in my experience it is worse than ever, which means I think they might have broke it even some more during the last up revs. I tried to see if there were any upcoming repeats of Warehouse 13 last night, and it just spun for about 10 minutes and dumped out. Twice. On different DVRs.

If anyone is puzzled why there are Tivo diehards out there, this is one of the big reasons. Tivo search was flawless. HR2x search is pretty bush league by comparison.

·
Always Searching
1,938 Posts
Having been in the military it's the "attention to detail" stuff that bothers me. I do like the effort to continually add features, but I believe that these features aren't always seen to completion. Things like smart search, CIG, and mediashare immediately come to mind. In regards to smart search & CIG specifically, the "why can't these work" questions can be frustrating...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.