DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
AllStar
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The stretch mode the HR20 currently has simply stretches the picture to fit the screen.

Most TV's have a smart stretch which tends to make the picture look a lot better.

I have been trying to get the HR20 so I can use the smart stretch feature of my TV set but have not gotten it to work reliably.

I set the following;

picture 4X3
Native on
Resolution, I checked them all.
Format to letterbox.

It worked for a while but this morning it put my 1080i picture into a letterbox instead of showing it full screen.

My tv set is a sony kds 60A2000.

Either give us a smart stretch mode or a way to send the signal unchanged to the TV so that it can do the formatting.

·
Cool Member
26 Posts
Marshall said:
The stretch mode the HR20 currently has simply stretches the picture to fit the screen.

Most TV's have a smart stretch which tends to make the picture look a lot better.

I have been trying to get the HR20 so I can use the smart stretch feature of my TV set but have not gotten it to work reliably.

I set the following;

picture 4X3
Native on
Resolution, I checked them all.
Format to letterbox.

It worked for a while but this morning it put my 1080i picture into a letterbox instead of showing it full screen.

My tv set is a sony kds 60A2000.

Either give us a smart stretch mode or a way to send the signal unchanged to the TV so that it can do the formatting.
Try Turning Native Off
Pick 1 resolution. I would suggest the native resolution of your tv.

Then let your TV do all the converting.

JW

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
jgwatsonjg said:
Try Turning Native Off
Pick 1 resolution. I would suggest the native resolution of your tv.

Then let your TV do all the converting.

JW
Depending on your set, smart stretch modes might only work with 480i content (as is the case with my Philips). YMMV.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,079 Posts
lamontcranston said:
Depending on your set, smart stretch modes might only work with 480i content (as is the case with my Philips). YMMV.
FYI my Philips will also streach 480P.

I also use native and allow my displays to work out the scaling issues. It works best for me, but do what works best for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.