DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
AllStar
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are Snap N Seal connectors the best connectors around ? Anybody know who's got the best prices for their equipment. I am not A Installer, I just need to rewire my system. THANX:blush: :lol:

·
Legend
130 Posts
I just purchased a bag of 50 T&B snap & seal connectors for 15 bucks (w/shipping) on ebay. The worst part is purchasing the tool to snap them together! I am still searching. The cheapest I have found so far is $40!! Ouch!! Most run 50-60 bucks.

·
DishRetailer.com Administrator/Supporter
107 Posts
I'm sorry but Snap-n-Seal are not the best. I used these for a while and finally went to Digicon connectors after i found that the Snap-N-Seal connectors were not swept tested to 2.2 Gig. Digicon's are good for up 2.4 Gig, are 100% watertight, have a built in swivel oring, and will not pull off of a piece of cable. 100 of them run about $40.00 and the compression tool to krimp them runs about $100.00. Digicon only makes connectors for RG-6 which is what you should be using anyway.

G

·
FYI, Digicon also make connectors for RG-59, RG-59 quad shielded, RG-6 and RG-6 quad shielded. Red is the color of RG-59,cant remember about quad 59, blue is RG-6 and green is RG-6 quad. These connectors are certainly some of the best on the market. Snap n seal are good as well, but Pro-Com is correct snap n seal are not swept tested to 2.4 GHz as far as I know.Liberty cable is probably the best source for anything Digicon.

·
DishRetailer.com Administrator/Supporter
107 Posts
Thanks for the info lintonsa. I wasn't aware that they made connectors for RG-59. For sure you would have to buy either another crimper or change the dyes in your existing one because they will only compress to RG-6 diameter. Never really inquired about them though because RG-59 pretty much sucks anyway:righton:

G

·
Pro-Com, the Digicon crimping tool is extremely versatile, it will crimp (actually compress) 59 and 6 . It comes with 2 different dyes the second one will let you compress RCA type connectors.Check out Liberty Cable or Cable Pro. Then this will probably make more sense.

·
AllStar
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm leaning toward purchasing A Thomas& Betts IT100 snap n seal installation & cable preparation tool, $60.00 at www.starkelectronic.com , The connectors, #sns6, are $30.00 for A bag of 50, also at Stark. The snap n seal connectors I found on ebay, are A much better deal, but they are for quad coax, #sns6qs's. Anybody know if I can use the Quad's on regular rg6 coax? If I can buy quad coax from Home Depot? Any suggestions?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.