DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Legend
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night's SNL from the MPEG-4 feed of KNBC recorded on my HR20 and played back fine, but there were some places where the audio and video dropped out for 10 or 15 seconds and went to a blue screen. I wondered if anyone else experienced this problem and whether it sounds like an issue with the feed from KNBC or a D* signal droput, et cetera.

First one I noticed was 13 minutes in at the beginning of the couple's counseling sketch. Next one was 22 minutes in during the Bill O'Reilly parody. In both cases, picture and sound both dropout, going to an all-blue screen. Then picture returns but my A/V receiver doesn't see a 5.1 audio feed. It plays in silence for a few seconds and then the audio suddenly snaps back in as well and the 5.1 indicator lights up. Both dropouts are able to be "played through" at normal speed and with trick play.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

· Banned
614 Posts
Last night's SNL from the MPEG-4 feed of KNBC recorded on my HR20 and played back fine, but there were some places where the audio and video dropped out for 10 or 15 seconds and went to a blue screen. I wondered if anyone else experienced this problem and whether it sounds like an issue with the feed from KNBC or a D* signal droput, et cetera.

First one I noticed was 13 minutes in at the beginning of the couple's counseling sketch. Next one was 22 minutes in during the Bill O'Reilly parody. In both cases, picture and sound both dropout, going to an all-blue screen. Then picture returns but my A/V receiver doesn't see a 5.1 audio feed. It plays in silence for a few seconds and then the audio suddenly snaps back in as well and the 5.1 indicator lights up. Both dropouts are able to be "played through" at normal speed and with trick play.

Thanks in advance for your comments.
I recorded it last night on Boston/MPEG4 no problems at all during playback.

· DBSTalk Club Member
268 Posts

Yep, had the same problem in the same places on KNBC MPEG4.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.