DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Legend
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a card in the mail from D* saying their records indicate that I don't have auto bill and as a result my free hd access credit has stopped!

These people are just plain loonies! I know I have auto bill enabled and to prove the point to myself I just signed into my account and it also tells me I have auto bill enabled. As a matter of fact it says they just charged my bill to my CC today!

These are the kind of screw ups that just drive me crazy with them. I wonder how much money they just threw away sending out all the postcards to people who already have auto pay?

Just venting!

·
Icon
1,657 Posts
First I got a email saying I get HD free for two years then a card with the saying I get it then I got the card you got. There system of recordkeeping is not to good.

·
AllStar
330 Posts
So if I signed up during the "Free HD for life w/ autopay" promotional period (about 22 months ago), does that mean I still have "Free HD" as long as my autopay is functioning, or is it something that's going to get yanked when my 2yr commitment runs out?

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
rmmccann said:
So if I signed up during the "Free HD for life w/ autopay" promotional period (about 22 months ago), does that mean I still have "Free HD" as long as my autopay is functioning, or is it something that's going to get yanked when my 2yr commitment runs out?
If you were a new subscriber and signed up during that promotion (free hd access for life), then you should be fine...however, there is a better than 50/50 chance D* will screw this up...in fact they may have already, based on the "you aren't on autopay".

You need to call D*, have all your facts straight (when you signed up, what offer you took advantage of etc.), then see if they can confirm that you are receiving hd access at no charge, and will continue to do so. Then check your bill, to make sure that you haven't been dropped, due to the autopay glitch.

Right now, it's a giant snafu, and it's anyone's guess as to whether you do or don't still have hd access free for life, whether you are or are not on autopay, and whether they will or won't honor what seemed to be a commitment from 2 years ago.

Anyone who pretends to understand what or how they are approaching this mess has not talked to:

1. Line level CSRs
2. Promotions Department
3. Their supervisors
4. Retention

All 3 of the so-called reps prior to retention gave me completely different and conflicting stories....and that's being generous.

There is a full discussion of this fiasco in another thread (Free HD Access for Life/24 month for existing customers). Read the last several pages of that thread to see what has been happening "lately".

Good luck...you're going to need it, if my experience is any measure.

You can find the full discussion here:

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=178605

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.