DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

So, I am getting my new D* HD-DVR next friday

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  gto5830 
#1 ·
From reading this board, I gather I will be doing several things within the 1st hour of recieving it:

1) Threating to quit DirecTV
2) Threating to throw the H20 against the wall
3) Threating the installer to fix it or else I will fix him

Safe assumptions?

:lol:

I am in my 2nd month with D* and really couldn't be happier. I am just hoping the new sat increases the HD channels soon and the locals get up

#2 ·
Just make sure they are really coming. I had made an appointment for an upgrade to the HDdvr on Dec.20 for them to come yesterday Jan.3. Well they never came and found out they never gave the work order to the installers. They did this to a lot of people. So be aware.

#3 ·
zipbags said:
Just make sure they are really coming. I had made an appointment for an upgrade to the HDdvr on Dec.20 for them to come yesterday Jan.3. Well they never came and found out they never gave the work order to the installers. They did this to a lot of people. So be aware.
It's pretty simple get a job number from them when you call. If a tech doesn't show up call back give them the number and D* will call and find out what happened. As long as they give you a job number its sent to the local offices and D* can work with that to see whats up with your tech. Worked for me. Just a little advice. Of course there is always incidents that come up saw a wrecked D* truck today on the highway.

#6 ·
Happened to me on Jan 2 with a new order. Took the day off work and after almost an hour on the phone they told me no order was made, and someone would call me back in a couple days. No one called me back. I just made another appointment today.

zipbags said:

#7 ·
Earl Bonovich said:
Your forgot

4) Wondering what everyone is complaing about... :D

You may not have any issues with your HR20
Yea what Earl Said. Remember there are over 15.6 million D*customers. People usually come here to find answers to problems so of course your gonna see numerous problems people who do not have problems with their service will not come here and post and let you know how much they enjoy D* and have never had a problem.

#8 ·
Kind of happened to me. I had a appointment for the upgrade to the new hd dvr from the Tivo I bought last year. My mounting location was not strong enough to support the KU 5lnb dish so the installer told me to call D* and request a slimline dish. Appointment was made for last Tuesday but this installer told me that the customer can not pick and choose the dish they want even after D* told me they would send out a Slimline. Called D* back and they will send out another installer with the correct dish. Hopefully they do. BUT when they ask if there is anything else they can do, I answered them with this question "What do you have for free?"
They ended up giving me Showtime and Starz for 3 months, Always good to ask!!!:) :D

#9 ·
Dbadone said:
It's pretty simple get a job number from them when you call. If a tech doesn't show up call back give them the number and D* will call and find out what happened. As long as they give you a job number its sent to the local offices and D* can work with that to see whats up with your tech. Worked for me. Just a little advice. Of course there is always incidents that come up saw a wrecked D* truck today on the highway.
Also I found that I could look online at my orders and it included the scheduled installation date and time and what equipment was included.

#10 ·
Dbadone said:
Yea what Earl Said. Remember there are over 15.6 million D*customers. People usually come here to find answers to problems so of course your gonna see numerous problems people who do not have problems with their service will not come here and post and let you know how much they enjoy D* and have never had a problem.
This is normally true. But, my parents have a HR20 and I asked them about it yesterday, if they had any problems. They are having bad recordings every day. I told them to do the RBR to help out their problem, but they have never been to this site, nor complained to DirecTV. And, they are tech savvy, so it's not like they can't find the site, they just choose not to (even though it upset them a bit). Busy doing other things and don't feel the need to vent on a discussion board.

So, while the large majority of users don't come here with issues, there are some users who don't come here who do have issues. I'm still interested to know how many HR20's are actually out in the world and activated. I've not had a problem with mine, which is great. That seems to make me in the minority on this board. :)

#14 ·
I don't have problems with DirectTV service in general, but the HR20 should never have been released to the consumer market. I've spoken with 3 different D* installers and they are have nothing but issues the the HR20. I should just return the unit and hook back up the HR10-250 and have ease of mind.

#15 ·
redfiver said:
This is normally true. But, my parents have a HR20 and I asked them about it yesterday, if they had any problems. They are having bad recordings every day. I told them to do the RBR to help out their problem, but they have never been to this site, nor complained to DirecTV. And, they are tech savvy, so it's not like they can't find the site, they just choose not to (even though it upset them a bit). Busy doing other things and don't feel the need to vent on a discussion board.

So, while the large majority of users don't come here with issues, there are some users who don't come here who do have issues. I'm still interested to know how many HR20's are actually out in the world and activated. I've not had a problem with mine, which is great. That seems to make me in the minority on this board. :)
You are definately an exception to the rule :lol:

#16 ·
Dbadone said:
I had a number and was set up for a 12/28 install. When I called to confirm, found out that they had cancelled without letting me know. Told it was due to demand out weighting the supply of equipment. Earliest that they could get me in was 1/10. Amost 3 weeks with out service other that ota. Yuck!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.