DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· AllStar
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unit was built 10/31/06, latest update was downloaded while I was on the phone activating it.

1. I only have one Sat tuner connected and it will probably be that way forever, is there a way to disable tuner 2 so that the DVR doesn't try to record from it?

2. I know that OTA is still disabled, any reason why I can't go ahead and connect my OTA cable to the box now? (don't want to pull the entertainment center from the wall again)

3. I've seen all the "issues" about this unit posted in here and I'm wondering if there's anything I need to know that's not in the manual so to speak.

I still have my old DTiVo connected in the other room for backup. It's only been 2 hours but I haven't seen any problems with it yet. Granted I haven't done anything but watch a football game on it. :)

· Registered
5,952 Posts
Road Rage said:
Unit was built 10/31/06, latest update was downloaded while I was on the phone activating it.

1. I only have one Sat tuner connected and it will probably be that way forever, is there a way to disable tuner 2 so that the DVR doesn't try to record from it?

2. I know that OTA is still disabled, any reason why I can't go ahead and connect my OTA cable to the box now? (don't want to pull the entertainment center from the wall again)

3. I've seen all the "issues" about this unit posted in here and I'm wondering if there's anything I need to know that's not in the manual so to speak.

I still have my old DTiVo connected in the other room for backup. It's only been 2 hours but I haven't seen any problems with it yet. Granted I haven't done anything but watch a football game on it. :)
1. It won't try to record from it if there is no signal.

2. Put your OTA cable on now, it won't cause any problem (I've had mine on for 8 weeks...no problems)

3. See the Unofficial Tips and Tricks thread...it's got an attached *.pdf file with lots of great tips for the HR20

Welcome aboard!

I've had very few and only minor issues with the HR20 in the 8 weeks I've had it, but it isn't perfect. If we are lucky OTA will be turned on soon!

· Cutting Edge: ECHELON '08
4,107 Posts
hasan said:
3. See the Unofficial Tips and Tricks thread...it's got an attached *.pdf file with lots of great tips for the HR20
The Unofficial Tips & Tricks link is below as is the TIVo to HR20 Survival Guide.

- Craig

· Icon
650 Posts
Road Rage said:

Why won't you run another line for the second tuner?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.