DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Beer Aficionado
Joined
·
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"DirecTV Sales" has popped up on our caller id at least once a day lately. I'm not biased against them, I ignore ALL telemarketers. :D

Has anyone else been getting calls from them lately? They just called me a month ago trying to sell me the Starz pack, then when I said "NO" at least five times they switched to trying to sell me HBO/Cinemax. When I said "NO" to that the fifth time they almost gave up, but then they threw the protection plan carrot out there, and I bit on that one, so they got me. I figured $6/month isn't a waste with how flakey the R15 and HR20 have been.

So what do you all think they are calling to offer this month? I get so sick of them calling and having to ignore them, but I really dislike talking to sales people too, so I always hesitate to pick up the phone to ask them to stop calling. I wish they would give up, but I'm not dumb enough to believe that's going to happen in my lifetime.
 

·
Lifetime Achiever
Joined
·
30,092 Posts
Couple weeks ago it was Showtime they where pitching
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
614 Posts
Mike Huss said:
"DirecTV Sales" has popped up on our caller id at least once a day lately. I'm not biased against them, I ignore ALL telemarketers. :D

Has anyone else been getting calls from them lately? They just called me a month ago trying to sell me the Starz pack, then when I said "NO" at least five times they switched to trying to sell me HBO/Cinemax. When I said "NO" to that the fifth time they almost gave up, but then they threw the protection plan carrot out there, and I bit on that one, so they got me. I figured $6/month isn't a waste with how flakey the R15 and HR20 have been.

So what do you all think they are calling to offer this month? I get so sick of them calling and having to ignore them, but I really dislike talking to sales people too, so I always hesitate to pick up the phone to ask them to stop calling. I wish they would give up, but I'm not dumb enough to believe that's going to happen in my lifetime.
Login and change your preferences and click no calls.
 

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
Joined
·
9,809 Posts
They called me about a month ago pitching HBO. I said that I already had HBO. She got up in my face and says "no you don't". I told her that I certainly know what package I had and that she might want to actually have an up to date info from DirecTV before she calls me again and I hung up.

Stupid telemarketers.
 

·
Beer Aficionado
Joined
·
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What's this? As I was looking around at my account for the opt out thing I come across this message:

"You are currently subscribed to a package that we no longer offer, however you can choose to retain this package if you like."

After seeing that I looked a little closer and see they don't offer TC Plus anymore? They only show "TC Family", "TC", and "TC Premier"???

But the real kicker is it's only shown that way in the "Change Programming" area. If I look at the "Package Comparison" it shows TC, TC Plus, and TC Premier? WTF is going on?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
614 Posts
Mike Huss said:
WHERE? I've tried to find that and I can't? I can't find it under obvious places like "My Account" or "My Preferences"?
It's the last option to click under "How to use directv.com"
It say change preferences. This applies to all marketing etc.. not just online.
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
184 Posts
I received a marketing call a few days ago from a woman who said it was D* calling. After questioning her and after asking her 3 times about who she works for and was calling for she gave me the name of a D* retailer. I told her to take us off their phone list and don't call again as we are on the state and national no call lists. I think some of these retail/install outfits have access to D*s customer list and it's them who are bothering us just like they do with all the junk mail that they send via the postal system. We have had only 2 of these type of phone calls in the last year so it's not a big problem but still aggravates me when they call.
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
306 Posts
Mike Huss said:
What's this? As I was looking around at my account for the opt out thing I come across this message:

"You are currently subscribed to a package that we no longer offer, however you can choose to retain this package if you like."

After seeing that I looked a little closer and see they don't offer TC Plus anymore? They only show "TC Family", "TC", and "TC Premier"???

But the real kicker is it's only shown that way in the "Change Programming" area. If I look at the "Package Comparison" it shows TC, TC Plus, and TC Premier? WTF is going on?
I just switched to TC Plus this week (Monday).
 

·
Beer Aficionado
Joined
·
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cybrsurfer said:
It's the last option to click under "How to use directv.com"
It say change preferences. This applies to all marketing etc.. not just online.
I must be completely ignorant because I am not seeing this at all?

Under "How to use directv.com" I have an option that says "How to manage your account". Under that I have a "My Preferences" option. If I click on that I get a page that tells me how to update my preferences and a link to "Update your preferences now". If I click on that it takes me to an "Update Preferences" page. It has email newsletter options, optional programming interests options, and at the end it has Viewing Data Collection options, but it has nothing about any other marketing preferences?

Are the telemarketing calls based on what I have set for my email newsletter options?
 

·
Éminence grise
Joined
·
8,473 Posts
Mike Huss said:
What's this? As I was looking around at my account for the opt out thing I come across this message:

"You are currently subscribed to a package that we no longer offer, however you can choose to retain this package if you like."

After seeing that I looked a little closer and see they don't offer TC Plus anymore? They only show "TC Family", "TC", and "TC Premier"???

But the real kicker is it's only shown that way in the "Change Programming" area. If I look at the "Package Comparison" it shows TC, TC Plus, and TC Premier? WTF is going on?
I get that also. They still offer TC Plus, but the price has gone up (one dollar I think) for people who sign up now.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top