DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Mentor
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help me out. I see everyone wanting OTA, but when it is enabled, how will it work exactly (interface, menus, setup, etc...). I know what it is, but not sure what it really means for me.

thanks,

gs

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
You'll just see the additional OTA channels in your program guide and will be able to record from them, that's about it. Only thing you'll have to do is have the HR20 scan for digital channels when first setting it up.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
gsand said:
Help me out. I see everyone wanting OTA, but when it is enabled, how will it work exactly (interface, menus, setup, etc...). I know what it is, but not sure what it really means for me.

thanks,

gs
:)

http://www.dbstalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6324&d=1159886509

Seriously... it is not much longer.

As for how it will work... pretty much the same way the unit works now.
It will show up as more channels... everything else is used the same way.

The Setup... you will just go into the Ant&SAT setup, and walk through the wizards to get it setup.

·
Banned
614 Posts
When you think about it you will get many more considering the subchannels on each network. Only about 14 more days to wait until December 1.

·
Godfather
336 Posts
cybrsurfer said:
When you think about it you will get many more considering the subchannels on each network. Only about 14 more days to wait until December 1.
OTA will be a nice early Christmas present.

·
Legend
221 Posts
Earl--been watching OTA yet on your advance release yet?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Herdfan said:
Is this your standard "not much longer"? In Earl time, "soon" usually means tonight and "not much longer" usually means a couple of days.;) :D
Not this time.. :)

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
mgcsooner said:
Earl--been watching OTA yet on your advance release yet?
;) No, I don't have OTA active on either of my systems.

·
Mentor
32 Posts
Herdfan said:
Is this your standard "not much longer"? In Earl time, "soon" usually means tonight and "not much longer" usually means a couple of days.;) :D
Sounds like we are a bunch of Wall Street traders, tring to decode the latest words from the Federal Reserve.:)

·
Banned
614 Posts
dervari said:
Too bad we can't get an excact time OTA is released into the stream. We could start a pool. $1 to buy in via PayPal and winner gets the pot. ;)
;)

·
Banned
614 Posts

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
gsand said:
So can anyone recommend an Hi-Quality yet affordable OAT Antenna?
As referenced above, start with antennaweb.org. If that shows you don't need some huge outside antenna, you may want to start with BB, CC or RS. Start small give it a try, if it doesn't work take it back and move upward. I'm 16 miles from our towers and I use indoor $40 set top antennas.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.